Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Snack Credits

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 20 Replies

What is your best use of snack credits?

Chilli cheese fries (pecos biils, cosmic rays in MK or Liberty Inn in Epcot)

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

We mostly used them for ice cream snacks last time, but in the fall, I plan to use them at the food and wine festival for our more pricey items ($4+) and pay OOP for the cheaper snacks we eat. 

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

We were with my SIL a few trips ago and she used some for water.   That killed me.   

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

We mostly used them for ice cream snacks last time, but in the fall, I plan to use them at the food and wine festival for our more pricey items ($4+) and pay OOP for the cheaper snacks we eat. 

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Yeah, that would kill me. Now, last year we only got snacks with the credits, though, so we were not spending out of pocket for them (except the three snacks I took home to the kids from the create your own at the goofy candy co, but they wouldn't have been covered anyway). 

Quoting awesomemommy2:

We were with my SIL a few trips ago and she used some for water.   That killed me.   

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM
We never get ice cream at the parks. It never turns out well for us. Kids drop it, starts to melt. Then the tears start. Nothing sadder than a kid crying over a dropped mickey pop at disney.

We save ice creams and desserts for the buffets. Since we drive we bring cookies, cakes, etc from home.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Yeah, that would kill me. Now, last year we only got snacks with the credits, though, so we were not spending out of pocket for them (except the three snacks I took home to the kids from the create your own at the goofy candy co, but they wouldn't have been covered anyway). 

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Did you know if you drop one, they will replace it? When we were there, it was February, but the weather was hotter than normal forFlorida- several 90 degree days. 

I got hooked on Nestlea Nibs (or dibs??) while we were there. They are little bite size ice cream bites with a hard shell coating. Less likely to melt in your hand, and a lot less messy to eat. They had them at most of the carts. 

Quoting awesomemommy2:

We never get ice cream at the parks. It never turns out well for us. Kids drop it, starts to melt. Then the tears start. Nothing sadder than a kid crying over a dropped mickey pop at disney.

We save ice creams and desserts for the buffets. Since we drive we bring cookies, cakes, etc from home.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Dole Whip Float

bottle of Smart Water (4.25 vs 2.50)

Churros

Smoothie from Fountain View Ice Cream

Any ethic food from the World Showcase carts or quick service, especially the kaki gori in Japan

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM

We always do deluxe dining and I always use one credit a day on a Smart Water. They are really expensive, I always take the more expensive option.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Your the second person who told me that yet one time my daughter knocked hers off when she was little the CM (kiosk in tomorrowland) gave us extra napkins as it got on her shirt but didn't offer us another. And she was in tears.

I think those thinks are called dibs and they come in the covered little cup but my kids aren't really fans. Now that we have the no ice cream rule they are used to it.

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Did you know if you drop one, they will replace it? When we were there, it was February, but the weather was hotter than normal forFlorida- several 90 degree days. 

I got hooked on Nestlea Nibs (or dibs??) while we were there. They are little bite size ice cream bites with a hard shell coating. Less likely to melt in your hand, and a lot less messy to eat. They had them at most of the carts. 

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Those things are like $4 each. I'm okay with those but somehow the 10 cent bottle of regular water kills me.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

We always do deluxe dining and I always use one credit a day on a Smart Water. They are really expensive, I always take the more expensive option.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting AnnaNonamus:

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM

We ahve done Mickey bars and prepackaged candy and chips you can use them on just about anything under $5.00.... we went in June and got ice cream sunday's at the new Boardwalk sweet shop BIG also  a  BIG pickle

also QS have good things for snacks the best one we got for lunch one time was in AK at Yak & Yeti

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN