• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Downtown Disney question

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hello everyone.  I haven't been on here for a long time but I have a question for those of you who have been to Downtown Disney in the past year.

I know they are making major changes and I'm just wondering if it's still open at this time.  We will be in Orlando in a couple of weeks and would like to atleast go to the Downtown Disney area.  We've been to WDW many times but this trip were taking a break from the parks.  We are going to Discovery Cove and Sea World and then we're heading down to Naples for a week.  So our time will be very limited this time.

Do any of you know Downtown  Disney is open at this time or is there a lot of construction going on?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mcginnisc
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM

It was fully operational when we were there the first week of June. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I was just there the first week of July and it was all open.  I didn't go through it all, but everything I saw was good to go.

Amanda471
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I heard those plans/changes will take place within the next few years.  I think Disney and all the blogs will put up a notification as soon as anything major happens w/ Downtown.  Right now, I think you're good to go. 

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM

The changes being made are not over by the marketplace area. They have shut down pleasure island which is what will be the new DTD area. They are working now and changes.  

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM
We go often, but haven't been in awhile because of rain and we've been busy (we live in Orlando). We're planning on possibly going on Sunday. If we do, I'll come back and post some info for you.
cherylmoore
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
We were there july 5th. They have some sections blocked off where they are working but it's no big deal. Most stores are open
crazylena
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Thanks for your help ladies!  I appreciate it!  you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)