• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying before hand

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

We are buying our tickets, and photo pass next month. 

Inreality for a family of five, how much money should we have for souveniours and food. (we will be at the parks for four days, and an extra day at the hotel)

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM

LOTS

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Depends. We eat breakfast first at resort. Bring snacks for the kids while waiting. Usually have one meal there and maybe a snack depending on how long we are there. I find that walking around all day in the heather are better with small light snacks throughout the day then big meals. Nothing worse than a full stomach and then space mountain (lol).

We do not buy a ton of souvenirs as we go all the time and the stuff there is kind of overpriced. Also I hate lugging crap around parks so kids are allowed to pick out a souvenir at DTD from the $10 store (can't think of its name) the night we go there.
vetNmommy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Wefigured 300 for souveniours. (100 per kid, so they can get a shirt and something else) and we will brining our own food for breakfasts in the hotel. (sams club) and bringing sandwhich stuff, chips and drinks for dinner. We are thinking of eating lunch in the parks. (and special drinks and two snacks a day) I was thinking 2 grand would be enough to pay the hotel (400 at shades of green) and for the food and extras. 

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Depends. We eat breakfast first at resort. Bring snacks for the kids while waiting. Usually have one meal there and maybe a snack depending on how long we are there. I find that walking around all day in the heather are better with small light snacks throughout the day then big meals. Nothing worse than a full stomach and then space mountain (lol).

We do not buy a ton of souvenirs as we go all the time and the stuff there is kind of overpriced. Also I hate lugging crap around parks so kids are allowed to pick out a souvenir at DTD from the $10 store (can't think of its name) the night we go there.

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM
If you are doing QS for your meal we figure about $50 per meal at park. All of the menus are posted so you can get an idea on what you would pick. Our kids are small (3,5&7) and three kids meals are too much so we usually split 2 between the 3 of them. The snacks are between $3-5. We also bring our own drinks. I freeze water bottles and they double as ice packs.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Wefigured 300 for souveniours. (100 per kid, so they can get a shirt and something else) and we will brining our own food for breakfasts in the hotel. (sams club) and bringing sandwhich stuff, chips and drinks for dinner. We are thinking of eating lunch in the parks. (and special drinks and two snacks a day) I was thinking 2 grand would be enough to pay the hotel (400 at shades of green) and for the food and extras. 

Quoting awesomemommy2:

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I think 2grand should be a good budget since you're only planning one meal in the parks. I would suggest finding some kind of spinning/light up toy in advance also. Those are the biggest souvenier money waster that kids in my family have to get whenever we go. They are great for the fireworks and evening shows and parades, but they can end up costing a fortune if you buy them there

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
We got some of those glow in the dark bracelets, wands and masks at Dollar Tree last year. They were perfect because we didn't have to worry about losing them.

Quoting mom2jasper:

I think 2grand should be a good budget since you're only planning one meal in the parks. I would suggest finding some kind of spinning/light up toy in advance also. Those are the biggest souvenier money waster that kids in my family have to get whenever we go. They are great for the fireworks and evening shows and parades, but they can end up costing a fortune if you buy them there

surromama
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM
That sounds about right. Have fun!

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM

That is a great idea since I haven't been able to find any of the light up spinners that we bought so many of the last time we went to Disney

Quoting awesomemommy2:

We got some of those glow in the dark bracelets, wands and masks at Dollar Tree last year. They were perfect because we didn't have to worry about losing them.

Quoting mom2jasper:

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
You can get the spinners off amazon. When we went we thought of it too late.

Quoting mom2jasper:

That is a great idea since I haven't been able to find any of the light up spinners that we bought so many of the last time we went to Disney

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Quoting mom2jasper:

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

You can price out www.allears.net for prices for restaurants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)