Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WDW won't be as happy as I had hoped :(

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 19 Replies

I was so excited about this trip being the last one before my son became a big brother. Unfortunately, we are having a miscarraige. So we won't be celebrating the new baby like we had hoped. Now it feels like we're planning a trip in the middle of a storm. 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I am so sorry. I had 4 miscarriages. Not to put the cart in front of the horse but maybe a new little one could be conceived there. We vacationed in Virginia beach after my 4th MC and my second child was conceived there.

Quoting mom2jasper:

I was so excited about this trip being the last one before my son became a big brother. Unfortunately, we are having a miscarraige. So we won't be celebrating the new baby like we had hoped. Now it feels like we're planning a trip in the middle of a storm. 

snowpeasmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I am sorry for your loss. hugs

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Aww, I'm sorry momma. Hopefully you can still enjoy Disneyworld.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I am so sorry..... 

ablackdolphin
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Ugh, I'm really sorry.  I had a miscarriage as well, between my two kids and it's just awful.  No mother should ever have to experience that!

We took a family trip a few weeks after I miscarried and it was so healing to be in a new place, to get away from home and to just enjoy the family we had on earth. It really did a lot of good for me mentally.

I recall saying when we got back that I felt like more time had passed!  It was also healing for our relationship because DH wasn't too supportive while it was all happening.

LS1030
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM
So sorry. I don't know what that's like but the timing is unfortunate but also maybe good to cheer you up a bit and keep you busy.
lili_monkey
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I am so sorry for your loss :(

vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've never had a miscarriage so I can't pretend to know what you're going through. I hope your trip is a healing one and that you can still find some ways to enjoy it a bit. I'm truly sorry.

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM

This is my 4th miscarriage also. I had 3 before my perfectly healthy son, so I figured whatever was wrong was okay now. I think that made this one so much harder. I was just expecting everything to go well like it did with my son.

Quoting awesomemommy2:

I am so sorry. I had 4 miscarriages. Not to put the cart in front of the horse but maybe a new little one could be conceived there. We vacationed in Virginia beach after my 4th MC and my second child was conceived there.

Quoting mom2jasper:

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

The pregnancy was very unexpected, but we had both just gotten used to the idea of having a baby, so it has been really hard on us. My fiance was at work while I was in the hospital, but as soon as we got the bad news, he came right over. He was being so hard on himself for not being there the whole time. Hopefully, this will give us a chance to enjoy each other and our DS without all the stress

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Ugh, I'm really sorry.  I had a miscarriage as well, between my two kids and it's just awful.  No mother should ever have to experience that!

We took a family trip a few weeks after I miscarried and it was so healing to be in a new place, to get away from home and to just enjoy the family we had on earth. It really did a lot of good for me mentally.

I recall saying when we got back that I felt like more time had passed!  It was also healing for our relationship because DH wasn't too supportive while it was all happening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)