• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the NO Mickey summer is now a road trip.......

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

So last month we looked into a trip on a cruise and NO Disney...... and all was good.... but yesterday I was told my cousin last her oldest daughter. My cousin that lost her DD has been asking me to go up to TX to see her and the rest of the family but I have always just gone to Disney and now I feel so bad but I told my DF today that we are going on a road trip to see ALL of our family that live in TX and Mississippi and his family that lives in LA ..... I just love Disney but family is family and I have been putting it off for years the last time I saw them all was 1999 when I moved from CA to Miami FL.

BTW it's me going to them b/c it's  me with two and  I have 4 cousin and they all have 3-5 kids and then those "kids" have kids now " :)  My sis and I are the youngest of the cousin's so it's just easy for me to go to them....

but I'll always be in to see what you all are planning and how your trips went :)

and how knows MAYBE my mom and dad for Christmas will give me a trip to WDW lol (OKY I'll have to pay for my food but last year for Christmas they paid for the food and I had to pay for my ticket they are DVCM's so the room was taken care of also) 

And also I am working on my wedding for July 2015! 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
snowpeasmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Congrats on the marriage I am sure you will get to disney soon enough. Let me know if you like to know about a great site to organize your wedding and let family help on line. I will post about it when I get home. I am visiting family
lili_monkey
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM

That is really nice of you to put your Disney vacation on hold to go see your family. They will really appreciate that :)

Congratulations on the up coming wedding!!

mom2jasper
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I'm sorry about the loss in your family. But it is great that you are getting a chance to visit everyone. It's not Disney, but I'm sure you'll make just as many great memories. Congratulations on your wedding! 

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM

We have a wedding planner in Las Vegas that we am working with :) HE wants to get married on July 13 2014 but where I would love for us to get married at is not open on Sunday so we are going one more year so he can have the date and I have the chapel lol But I still would like to see the site :)

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Congrats on the marriage I am sure you will get to disney soon enough. Let me know if you like to know about a great site to organize your wedding and let family help on line. I will post about it when I get home. I am visiting family

snowpeasmom
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 2:33 AM

With your planner, I know my friends and family love using theknot.com for letting their family and friend's see whats going on...

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I have been super busy with work, and family.

Quoting Dawne98:

We have a wedding planner in Las Vegas that we am working with :) HE wants to get married on July 13 2014 but where I would love for us to get married at is not open on Sunday so we are going one more year so he can have the date and I have the chapel lol But I still would like to see the site :)

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

yes I love the Knot that's how I found the chapel we are getting married at :) I have the book too for getting things organize..... my love is going to be in Miami next month so we can look at things together that I have been working on..... it's hard to try to think what he'll like I'll send him photo's and he say's I like that too! He is going to make me go crazy lol

Quoting snowpeasmom:

With your planner, I know my friends and family love using theknot.com for letting their family and friend's see whats going on...

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I have been super busy with work, and family.

Quoting Dawne98:

Quoting snowpeasmom:

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry for your families loss. I think that is a great idea. Disney will always be there but we never know when we might lose a family member. Enjoy your road trip. 

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:24 PM
That is really nice of you. Expecially since you haven't visited them (or them you in 14 years). My friend lives outside Fort Lauderdale and she is constantly inundated with family visiting. Why pay for a hotel when they can stay with her.

Quoting lili_monkey:

That is really nice of you to put your Disney vacation on hold to go see your family. They will really appreciate that :)

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM

when I go to see my family  that lives just 5 hours away  I don't pay for a hotel room but with this trip I'll pay for a room at a hotel b/c I don't know them like that lol I found this great road map thing on line that I have been playing with just about has much fun as working on a WDW trip lol 

Quoting awesomemommy2:

That is really nice of you. Expecially since you haven't visited them (or them you in 14 years). My friend lives outside Fort Lauderdale and she is constantly inundated with family visiting. Why pay for a hotel when they can stay with her.

Quoting lili_monkey:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)