Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crazy for going at Christmas????

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:28 PM
  • 14 Replies
Are we crazy for going to Disneyworld at Christmas?  My inlaws are paying and I have missed Christmas with my parents/church/local stuff going on in the past.  So we are going AFTER Christmas.  Any one have a good experience out there last year or not too long ago?
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glamourmommy
by Member on May. 7, 2007 at 1:07 PM
Xmas is the best time to go!!!!!!!! They actually make it snow, check out their website and look for holidays.  I was going to go this past Xmas but b/c I was right around my due date my husband said next time.
dylandrachmom
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM
I arrived in Disney one year on Christmas night. We didn't go to any of the parks that night, but the next day and the whole week leading up to and including New Years Eve was crazy. The parks were packed and on a few occasions reached maximum capacity and closed.
alfoco
by New Member on May. 7, 2007 at 3:38 PM
Easter and Christmas is the two busiest weeks of the year.  It still can be alot of fun if you are really patient and don't care to wait in lines.
ColoradoLady
by Member on May. 7, 2007 at 3:56 PM
I agree Xmas is the best time, but they have the Xmas celebrations for most the month of Dec, so I would suggest going a week or two before Xmas rather than after. The crowds will be less and the decorations and paegents will still be going on. Plus you would still be home by Xmas.
chrystals
by New Member on May. 8, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Thanks for the advice.  I tried to suggest this and my husband said no since we would have to take kids out of school and miss church programs etc.
Jessicaflmom
by New Member on May. 9, 2007 at 12:50 AM
we always go in the beginning of dec... no one breaks yet so it is less crowded. Plus you have all the decorations- you can do some shopping we go every year really gets us in the holiday mood.
cat323
by on May. 9, 2007 at 12:46 PM
We just went the week after Thanksgiving through the first week of December and I would go again in a heartbeat! No crowds, the weather wasn't the greatest, but seeing all the special events and decorations is so worth it. Now if you are talking to be there on the actual holiday or during the that week or after, be prepared for a TON of people! I would NEVER go on Christmas or New Years!
PeanutMM
by on May. 10, 2007 at 11:58 PM
My favorite time to go to Disney is during the Holiday season.  I agree that it will be most crowded between Christmas Day and New Years, but the special shows, music and decorations make it worth it!  Even when it is still warm weather in FL, Disney can always make it feel like Christmas, LOL!
emmadolce
by on May. 11, 2007 at 12:12 PM
WE ALWAYS GO AT X-MAS! THE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR THOUGH IS SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! NO LINES!
MandzKrazy
by Member on May. 15, 2007 at 1:41 PM
Christmas is the best time, I went this past x mas - it was MOBBED. -- make sure you have lots of patience -- as you can hardly even walk !!  But you MUST do it AT LEAST once... the snow is amazing the parades are beautifulll and the weather is amazing -- not all hot and sweaty!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)