Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Vanellope von sweetz

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

Right after Wreck it Ralph came out my daughter talked about her and daddy could be vanellope and ralph.  Well I was hoping by this year there would be a costume but of course there isnt!  Well we started watching Heros of Cosplay on SciFi and they handmake these elaborate costumes to wear to Sci-fi conventions and actually compete.  So I am actually thinking I can do Vanellope!  Its just all the parts but she has the skirt and she actually had it on when we met Vanellope this past summer. And then tights are another challenge b/c if anyone has noticed each leg is different.

This is a pic of someone who does cosplay!

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AnnaNonamus
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

For the legs, I would start with blueish green colored leggings, then use tape to mark off the pattern on each leg, and use fabric spray paints to paint it on. :)

angelroberts
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I was debating which way to do it but I was thinking about starting with white and marking off the white areas and then dyeing it.  Or is nothing maybe just using a sharpie but would have to stretch the tights over something until the marker dries. 

Quoting angelroberts:

Right after Wreck it Ralph came out my daughter talked about her and daddy could be vanellope and ralph.  Well I was hoping by this year there would be a costume but of course there isnt!  Well we started watching Heros of Cosplay on SciFi and they handmake these elaborate costumes to wear to Sci-fi conventions and actually compete.  So I am actually thinking I can do Vanellope!  Its just all the parts but she has the skirt and she actually had it on when we met Vanellope this past summer. And then tights are another challenge b/c if anyone has noticed each leg is different.

This is a pic of someone who does cosplay!

my2sweetjoys
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM

goodlove this idea

nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I think that is great!

I found this online.  I hope it helps some.

Vanellope von Schweetz Costume and Makeup

angelroberts
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Thats cool, I hadnt found that page yet.  Definitly helps and I guess time to start hunting for all the pieces!!

ctfirsttimemom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:31 AM

cute!!  My husband wanted my boys to be wreck it ralph and fix it felix for Halloween, but now they want to be dinosaurs;)  They'll be 5 and 2. 

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM
My dd is going to be her this year. I'm just going to find clothes to piece together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN