Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Disney Cruise

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM
  • 34 Replies

ok so we got that Disney Itch again, but this tume my DH mentioned a cruise.  I want to know your experiences with the cruise, did you get sick, did you feel the boat move.  AS you can tell, I have a boat phobia...is A disney cruise worth it or just going to the park...thanks ahead of time

by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsParvi
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I've been on a cruise , but not a Disney cruise. I got sea sick because there was a hurricane on its way. My mother-in-law went on a Disney cruise and loved it!
amzbrznjz
by Heather on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Quoting MrsParvi:

I've been on a cruise , but not a Disney cruise. I got sea sick because there was a hurricane on its way. My mother-in-law went on a Disney cruise and loved it!

oh believe me I will be medicating...

amzbrznjz
by Heather on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:12 PM

also which cruise...caribbean or mexico

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I have been on 16 cruises. 3 with kids and not one have been disney. Out of the 16 I got sick one night during hurricane season. There have been other times I have felt queasy but walking around and getting some fresh air clears it right up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:32 PM
As for a Disney cruise they are substantially more than other cruise lines so it a preference. I would rather do two other cruises than one disney or do real disney and a cruise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by Heather on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM

see I can handle it if I feel queasy but I do not want the kds to feel that way...and it would be a Disney Cruise...not Carnival for sure....decisions...but right now it is 4k plus we have to get passports

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
You don't need passports of you are departing from and arriving to the same ports. So if you are leaving from port C and coming in there you can use a birth certificate. We just cruised in August and only hubby and I have passports. We have sailed NCL, RCCL and carnival this way. This is from NCL's website;

Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Or Canada & New England Cruises

For round-trip sailings (cruises that depart from and return to the same U.S. port), you may sail with either a valid passport, proof of citizenship and a valid government-issued photo I.D. (driver’s license with a photo), or any other WHTI compliant document.

Proof of Citizenship examples include:

State certified U.S. birth certificate
Original certificate of U.S. naturalization
Original certificate of U.S. citizenship

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Also make sure you factor in tips, port parking (if you need) and price shore excursions. They can add up quickly.

Quoting amzbrznjz:

see I can handle it if I feel queasy but I do not want the kds to feel that way...and it would be a Disney Cruise...not Carnival for sure....decisions...but right now it is 4k plus we have to get passports

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by Heather on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM

oh thanks!

Quoting awesomemommy2:

You don't need passports of you are departing from and arriving to the same ports. So if you are leaving from port C and coming in there you can use a birth certificate. We just cruised in August and only hubby and I have passports. We have sailed NCL, RCCL and carnival this way. This is from NCL's website;

Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Alaska, Mexican Riviera, Or Canada & New England Cruises

For round-trip sailings (cruises that depart from and return to the same U.S. port), you may sail with either a valid passport, proof of citizenship and a valid government-issued photo I.D. (driver’s license with a photo), or any other WHTI compliant document.

Proof of Citizenship examples include:

State certified U.S. birth certificate
Original certificate of U.S. naturalization
Original certificate of U.S. citizenship

amzbrznjz
by Heather on Sep. 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM

yeah those costs too,  it is really $$$$ so we are just in talks right now, and plus it looks as if you cannot choose your exact dates, which is understandable....

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Also make sure you factor in tips, port parking (if you need) and price shore excursions. They can add up quickly.

Quoting amzbrznjz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN