Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney World for the twins 2014 Christmas present...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
  • 14 Replies
I would love to bring my kids to Disney next year for their Christmas gift. They will be 6 years old and I think they would really like it. I have no clue where to start and I thought about going through a travel agent. The trip will most likely include 2 kids (6yrs old), and 3 adults. The last time I been to Disney was in 2006 when I was apart of the Disney College Program, and I know a lot has changed since then. I don't know of any travel agents in New Orleans, but if any of the moms have any advice I would greatly appreciate it!
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelmom224
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I have a friend who is an agent. She has planned all our trips and is currently planning our future ones too. If you would like her info you can message me and I will share it. 

Christmas is a great time but just be forwarned if you go during Christmas day you are looking at massive crowds to the point that the parks will even reach capacity and close at times. I think for their first time it would be a good idea to do the parks on  a less crowded time so they can really enjoy it all.  

ctfirsttimemom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM

My agent is AMAZING and works from home over the phone and internet so she can help people anywhere.  She doesn't charge a fee, but gets a kick back from Disney only after your trip is over.  She helped us with everything and made the madness seem not nearly so crazy:)   She is actually in Disney right now:)  I'd be happy to give you her email.

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM

That is how all agents get paid. 

Quoting ctfirsttimemom:

My agent is AMAZING and works from home over the phone and internet so she can help people anywhere.  She doesn't charge a fee, but gets a kick back from Disney only after your trip is over.  She helped us with everything and made the madness seem not nearly so crazy:)   She is actually in Disney right now:)  I'd be happy to give you her email.

nola_twins
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I didn't even think about how crowded the park will be on Christmas Day itself. I may have to take that into consideration. A part of me wants to go during Christmas since every time I worked at Disney was during the summer...

Quoting angelmom224:

I have a friend who is an agent. She has planned all our trips and is currently planning our future ones too. If you would like her info you can message me and I will share it. 

Christmas is a great time but just be forwarned if you go during Christmas day you are looking at massive crowds to the point that the parks will even reach capacity and close at times. I think for their first time it would be a good idea to do the parks on  a less crowded time so they can really enjoy it all.  

erin708
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
If they can spare another week from school u can go the week after the break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Reynolds
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

What a great Christmas present for them! I'm sure they'll love it. I would love to go to Disney for Christmas. Right now we are looking at Summer 2014. Don't know how i feel about the heat! LOL

I use snowpeasmom's travel agency RMH Travel. She hooked me up with Disney GCs and a gift bags for the children. IT was GREAT! She is not pushy at all. 

snowpeasmom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM

The holiday season at Walt Disney World starts the second week in Nov. and the Mickey's Merry Christmas party starts then too, but the week of Christmas they don't have any  speical nights because the parks are packed! I mean can barely moved packed. I would recommend the week before if you can do it. Or the week after though they start to take decorations down the sunday after the 1 of Jan usually. The best time to go and see the christmas decorations would be the begining of Dec. The parks are pretty empty but completely decorated, but I understand that some have school issues.

here is an interactive brochure about Disney World in 2014 you can check out to learn more about the park.

Just click this link!

I am here to answer any questions you have.

nola_twins
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Awww, how nice, my name is Erin also. But I would have to see how long their Christmas break is. Missing a week of school isn't an option unfortunately, but I may need to rethink this gift, lol.

Quoting erin708:

If they can spare another week from school u can go the week after the break.

nola_twins
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll check the link out.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

The holiday season at Walt Disney World starts the second week in Nov. and the Mickey's Merry Christmas party starts then too, but the week of Christmas they don't have any  speical nights because the parks are packed! I mean can barely moved packed. I would recommend the week before if you can do it. Or the week after though they start to take decorations down the sunday after the 1 of Jan usually. The best time to go and see the christmas decorations would be the begining of Dec. The parks are pretty empty but completely decorated, but I understand that some have school issues.

here is an interactive brochure about Disney World in 2014 you can check out to learn more about the park.

Just click this link!

I am here to answer any questions you have.

nola_twins
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM
If you aren't use to the heart, be prepared. I'm from New Orleans so when I worked there I was able to deal with it, but make sure you have plenty of sunscreen!!! I use to work in what was then called MGM Studios and we sold a lot of Aloe Vera gel for sunburn.

Quoting Mrs_Reynolds:

What a great Christmas present for them! I'm sure they'll love it. I would love to go to Disney for Christmas. Right now we are looking at Summer 2014. Don't know how i feel about the heat! LOL

I use snowpeasmom's travel agency RMH Travel. She hooked me up with Disney GCs and a gift bags for the children. IT was GREAT! She is not pushy at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)