Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying park tickets.........

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

Have anyone ever used a subsidiary website such as orlando-florida.net(not that one per se but any of them) to purchase park tickets? What was your experience? Is it legitimate or even recommended? A co worker who knows that I am an avid Central Florida theme park goer was inquiring but I dont know what to tell them because I have never used one. Any and all input is welcomed.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cherylmoore
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM
I think most of those are time share gimmicks
SugarbearNHoney
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM

That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to give misleading information due to my own skepticism.

Quoting cherylmoore: I think most of those are time share gimmicks

buffalove23
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe undercover tourist is the only legit site. Idk I always just buy them at Disney
SugarbearNHoney
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

We always use AAA to purchase ticket but I will check out the site you mentioned and pass the info along.

Quoting buffalove23: I believe undercover tourist is the only legit site. Idk I always just buy them at Disney

DiznyMomma
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM

I live and work in the Disney attractions area and those ticket outfitters are like snake oil salesmen. They all come with strings - whether it's a high pressure time share seminar that takes ALL DAY (despite being advertised as a 1-hour presentation) to requiring a purchase of some sort. 

The only legitimate sources for Disney tickets are directly from Disney, Undercover Tourist, AAA, and your travel agent. 

SugarbearNHoney
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Go figure! Thanks for the advice though. I will be sure to pass it along.

Quoting DiznyMomma:

I live and work in the Disney attractions area and those ticket outfitters are like snake oil salesmen. They all come with strings - whether it's a high pressure time share seminar that takes ALL DAY (despite being advertised as a 1-hour presentation) to requiring a purchase of some sort. 

The only legitimate sources for Disney tickets are directly from Disney, Undercover Tourist, AAA, and your travel agent. 

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:31 PM
If she works for a large company, they might belong to Tickets At Work. When DH worked at Home Depot, we got them from there. Sometimes Expedia runs specials too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)