Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Magic Bands

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, I know there's been a lot of talk about the Magic Bands.  Am I correct it is only for those staying on Disney Property?  Does this include Shades of Green?  We are heading back this summer and I'm really worried we are going to run into issues with fastpasses.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Yes, just for resort guests. I would call and double check but I think SOG would be included.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3Xthelove
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:53 PM
It's not. We called a few weeks ago. I'm staying there in June. We were hoping it would be.

Quoting coolmommy2x: Yes, just for resort guests. I would call and double check but I think SOG would be included.
3Xthelove
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Did you like SOG? We are going for the first time in June.
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:15 PM
That's surprising. =(

Quoting 3Xthelove: It's not. We called a few weeks ago. I'm staying there in June. We were hoping it would be.

Quoting coolmommy2x: Yes, just for resort guests. I would call and double check but I think SOG would be included.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:19 AM

No, you don't get magic bands at SoG.

And for the record, I'm not a fan of SoG. There is nothing wrong with it per say, I'd just rather use my 40% military discount at a deluxe. We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge in March. I need a counter service restaurant and a better pool than what they offer. I also very much like the DDP, which is not available to Shades of Green guests. Heads up as well, parking is no longer free for Shades of Green guests who bring a car, you have to pay at the parks. 

The rate is great, and the location is good. If you are on a serious budget it's the way to go. I, however, don't like to do Disney on a budget. We splurge. 

ConnorsMommy21
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM

No, it does not include shades of green. It is not a Disney property, it is owned by the US Navy, it is just on disney property. We are staying there next month and have already checked

rissymac78
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 4:56 PM

We LOVE SOG.  I've been to disney a ton of times and have stayed at Disney Resorts.  We always go with my dad who is retired from the military and he loves SOG as well.  When the kids are older I would love to stay on property again, but we are going in August and it's 40% so we are paying under $75 a night.  Totally worth it to me.  I can't wait to see the two new pools this summer.  Last summer they were just finishing up the one pool and now they are renovating the mickey pool.  So excited!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)