Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions on dining reservations?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM
  • 15 Replies

Sunday- Biergarten for dinner

Monday- Teppan Edo for dinner

Tuesday- Crystal palace for lunch

Wednesday- Prime Time for dinner

Thursday- Tusker house for lunch

Friday- Chef Mickey's for breakfast

This would put us one over for our dining plan.  We're arriving in florida at 10 am on Sunday and departing 6 pm on Friday.  We want to make the most of our time.  

Is it worth going over the alotted table services or should I cut something out?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Love Crystal Palace for lunch. I prefer Tusker House for breakfast. I, personally, wouldn't choose Biergarten or Prime Time, (I wouldn't waste a TS credit anywhere in DHS), and I prefer Tokyo Dining to Teppan Edo, but I can eat hibachi food here at home. 

Chef Mickey's is a sore subject for me. It tends to pull people in one or two directions. If you love it, you love it. If you hate it, you HATE it and would like to see the place burn to rubble. I am in the latter catagory. 

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM

What is the make up of your group?   Adults, kids.   What are the other meals you are planning to eat on those days?

For me that is a lot of character dining (we usually do one per trip) but we go every year.   If this is a once in a lifetime (or not as frequent a trip as ours) then I think you have all the main characters covered.   The last few trips I have noticed that the quality of the buffet offerings have gone down a bit.   Still good but not what it used to be.   I think disney knows that you are not at a character meal for the food.  

mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I wish I would have done the Cindy Prince Charming and Stepsisters dinner.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM
The entertainment at Biergarten was fun but the good was awful. We loved Prime Time - we've gone several times.
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:00 PM
I only see two character meals? Tusker lunch isn't character, only breakfast ( unless something had changed since last month?)

Quoting awesomemommy2:

What is the make up of your group?   Adults, kids.   What are the other meals you are planning to eat on those days?

For me that is a lot of character dining (we usually do one per trip) but we go every year.   If this is a once in a lifetime (or not as frequent a trip as ours) then I think you have all the main characters covered.   The last few trips I have noticed that the quality of the buffet offerings have gone down a bit.   Still good but not what it used to be.   I think disney knows that you are not at a character meal for the food.  

awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:04 PM
I thought it was when we were there a few months ago.

Quoting RMT1995: I only see two character meals? Tusker lunch isn't character, only breakfast ( unless something had changed since last month?)

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomemommy2
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Mobile Photo

Just checked the disney website. Maybe they need to update since you were there a month ago.
spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:30 PM
If you want to do all of those, then just pay for one out of pocket..
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:42 PM

We ended up not going for lunch because I thought it was only breakfast ... oh well, we got Ohana which we LOVED, so all was not lost!

Quoting awesomemommy2:

Mobile Photo

Just checked the disney website. Maybe they need to update since you were there a month ago.

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Teppan Edo and Prime Time are my favorites! You'll be repeating some characters with Chef Mickey's and Tusker House. If you want to cut one meal, I'd cut one of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)