Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

free hopper pass what to do with it

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 1 Replies

I have a free hoper pass for me and my guests due to california grill fucking up so bad ill never eat there again ever.i wanna see the new parade and the soft opening is supposed to be the wendnesday were there.We are doing one park a day march 9-14.im thinking of using it for the parades soft opening. has anyone been to a soft opening do you think its worth it?

for those who want the story.My ex and i went there for dinner i booked an half an hr before wishes so by the time we were seated and such we could watch wishes.We show up hf an hr early.i check us in and we wait.And wait while everyone else around us is seated.i go up and inquire after its past the time our dinner was scheduled for they said it would just be a few moments longer.its now 5 minutes to wishes i go up again and ask and they say we wont be seated until after wishes.Im super upset at this point and i was younger at the time so we sat there and had to wait until after wishes to get seated.Then i asked for  a window seat and they sat us overlooking a parking lot and the staff was rude. i called my mom the next morning crying and explaining what happened she called disney and flipped out until she got an hr manager who apologized profusely offered us vip seating for wishes the next night and the free hopper passes.

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Cafe Robin
by Robin on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the California Grill.  That's my favorite restaurant.  There have been times when we've had to wait a while too but I've learned to stay on top of them and ask frequently about how much longer we'll have to wait.  Some of the guests can be real 'campers' (when I was a waitress, that's what we called customers who sat at their tables for a really, really long time).  I think all of their window tables overlook the parking lot.  The parking lot is btwn the restaurant and the MK...  all of their theme park room in the resort also look over the parking lot.  I don't think you can avoid that.  Sometimes, I wish they'd put a cover over the lot - like make it an inside lot.  I doubt they'd spend money on that though - unless they needed more parking spaces.

One thing that I learned on one of our last trips is that you can just show up at the CG without a reservation and eat in the lounge - especially if you get there early - there's usually room with no waiting and kids are welcome.

The park hoppers are great.  We usually go to one park in the morning, go back to the hotel for a swim in the afternoon and go to another park in the evening.  Epcot's fun to go to in the evening because there are so many good resaurants there.

I don't know about the soft launch for the parade. I would like to check out that new Fantasyland parade, though.:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)