Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

Have you tried Fast Pass Plus yet? What did you think?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was wondering if anyone here has used the Fast Pass Plus system yet and what what you thought about it.

If you used it, was it with magic bands or the same day cards? 

What did you think? 

How did it work for you and your family?

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cafe Robin
by Robin on Mar. 10, 2014 at 4:09 PM

We've used the magic bands with the fast pass plus system twice now.  Once during our trip at Christmas time when we could also get paper fast passes and also during our February trip when there were no more paper fast passes for anyone.  Both visits were during busy times (Christmas and President's Day week)

I'll just refer to the February trip when everything was fast pass plus for everyone.

I was worried before the trip knowing that there were no more paper fast passes and knowing that I don't like to wait for more than 20 mins for a ride.  I was especially worried about being limited to only getting fp+s for only one park when we had park hoppers.  I hope they change that!

Everything worked out really well, though - I was surprised!  At the beginning of the day, it was really nice to know that we already had 3 fast passes already locked in - 3 rides that we'd be able to just walk on without much of a wait and without running all over to get the fast passes.  We set our fp+s for the afternoon when we knew most lines would be long and in the morning, the lines for the other rides weren't long so we didn't wait more than 20 mins anywhere. 

The My Disney Experience app helped a lot to know where to go for short lines and which rides to avoid.

On our last day, I didn't feel rushed to check out of the hotel quickly (as usual) so we could beat the lines and start collecting fast passes.  It was nice to relax and know that once we got to the park, we'd have 3 popular rides that we could ride with no wait.  We had Big Thunder Mt, Space Mt and Jungle Cruise.  (Splash was down for repairs).  Right before our fp times were about to start, there was a downpour - thunder and lightening.  I knew BTM would be closed and didn't want to walk all over in the pouring rain anyway.  Luckily, with the new system, I was able to change my fast passes last minute and still get 3 good rides.  We decided to skip BTM and Jungle Cruise but got passes for the Under the Sea and Buzz.  Ity worked out great since those 2 rides had 45 min waits at that time.  Everyone was heading for the indoor rides. I thought it was great that those rides were still available and available right away - since we were leaving the park 2 -3hrs later to go home. 

So, I kind of like the fp+ better than the paper passes - but nothing will ever beat the old paper fast passes that didn't expire until the end of the day.  They were the best and it was so easy to ride everything back then...

One thing I do wish they'd do would be to have more single rider lines for the popular attractions.  Space Mt needs that, Soarin needs it, Tower of Terror could use it and Toy Story needs it, too.  We use the single rider lines on Test Track and Rockin Roller Coaster all the time.  We get to ride pretty quickly and we're usually in the same car or the next one anyway.

Ok, those are my thoughts.

What do you think?

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:55 PM

I am like you. We used it back in Sept when we could get paper FP too. And the last time was march 1-2. The good thing was we had our magicbands so we could get our FP picked early. After seeing the line for people who had bought their tickets that day oh boy there is no way I would do it that way. Now I dont know if you can go to the app and add the tickets that way. If you can then that would be the way to go cause waiting in the line for the CMs to help you will take up half the day. The other con to the system is this tier system with some of the parks. We did pretty good on our trip but that was because we went at a pretty slow time. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:38 PM
We use fp+ with our magic bands. We were at epcot this past weekend. Without our fp+ We would have had to wait over 100 minutes for test track. The lines at the kiosks to sign up for fp's were also long. So far we like having the bands and being able to go onto the MDE app to get our fp+'s. I just wish you could get fp+ for more than just one park per day. We like to park hop sometimes.
vicky33006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM
I love FP+... I was nervous about it but I can't say enough good about it FOR MY FAMILY. My son had a seizure and passed out in AK last year. Since then (even though we don't know what caused it) I refused to take another vaca where we tour commando.

FP+ was the perfect solution for my problem. We didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to guarantee three good rides. This allowed us to arrive whenever we got there (sometimes late and sometimes earlier), ride those three attractions and take the rest of the day at a slow pace to enjoy other things. We enjoyed other attractions, parades, and even Sorcerers of the MK. We also made it to night shows because we weren't simply exhausted. We really enjoyed Wishes from the dessert party! Last year we would have been too exhausted to enjoy it.

I know that other families may not like FP+. It certainly doesn't maximize the amount of headliner attractions one gets to do. We went during Presidents' Day week as well though, and I really didn't feel the crowds too much. Instead we spent the time enjoying everything around us. The guarantee of three attractions was perfect for us, although I would love to have even more.

I honestly had not planned a return trip for at least a few years during our last trip. This trip convinced me though that I need to go back before my son is an "adult" by Disney standards. I really think FP+ was a large part of this decision for me.

We did stay on property and had magic bands. We were able to plan FP+ ahead of time, but also easily changed a number of FPs once we were in parks and realized we needed changes for a number of reasons. The app was slightly glitchy, but otherwise great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)