Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much does a dancer in the Disney parades make?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

Has anyone ever been a dancer/actor/castmate in a Disney parade?  I was just watching the latest parade and wondered how much they make, what else do they do besides the parades/practice, are these people professionals or just "regular" people, are they hoping to continue to Broadway, Hollywood, cruise ships...

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:11 AM
I graduated with a girl who got a degree in performing arts and weighed at Disneyland. She plays Jasmine in the Aladdin show sometimes and she was in some "Disney 365" commercials on tv. Her dream wad to be on Broadway when we were in school. No idea what it is now and I have no idea how much money she makes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Robin on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM

My 9 yr old daughter wants be one of the dancers in front of the castle when they do those castle shows. lol

patnic
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I would want to do that too if I was 9!  It looks fun, but hot!

Quoting Cafe Robin:

My 9 yr old daughter wants be one of the dancers in front of the castle when they do those castle shows. lol

SadiasMomma
by Joanna on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol DD fully intends on playing jasmine for character greets when she is older! She's half pakistani so it has potential lol
Cafe Robin
by Robin on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Quoting SadiasMomma: Lol DD fully intends on playing jasmine for character greets when she is older! She's half pakistani so it has potential lol

So cute!! I want to work at Disney one day, too!:)
SadiasMomma
by Joanna on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM
We traveled with bil and sil this last trip and we met up with sils cousin who is a ride attendant. She says working there really killed the magic for her :( I think I could work in the parking lot and still love it hahaha

Quoting Cafe Robin:
Quoting SadiasMomma: Lol DD fully intends on playing jasmine for character greets when she is older! She's half pakistani so it has potential lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by Heather on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM

heck I could pick up the garbage and still love it

Quoting SadiasMomma: We traveled with bil and sil this last trip and we met up with sils cousin who is a ride attendant. She says working there really killed the magic for her :( I think I could work in the parking lot and still love it hahaha
Quoting Cafe Robin:

crystalclear12
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:36 AM

I love the dancers at Disneyland!

iansmommy9
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:57 PM

My cousins grew up in Orlando and Disney was "the job" everyone tried to get hired for back in the 90's.  I don't know how much they made.

Outrageous
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:36 AM
They don't do it for the pay that's for sure. They are not professionals, all the hiring and contracts are different. Some, like the singers on Main Street, or citizens have different contracts from those performing in parades. They just move up in the "tier" after working/dancing at Disney for a period of time. They have practice and workouts, as with any dancer. You do it for the experience. I don't want to burst anyone's hopes and dreams of being a dancer at Disney but will say it is tough to survive on the pay. Maybe it will get you to appreciate the cast members a bit more to know ..... if they live with roommates, they can survive for a single person. Rate ranges up to $12/hr. A "Jasmine" would be considered a character look-a-like performer while a dancer would be A dancer/performer. Doing it as a college program student would be different.
Also, character performers are paid less than look a likes and dancers. It's all different. As with a cp, They would earn less. So if you're still curious, look at Disneyauditions.com ... then smile as they pass you in parade because that smile or wave st them in 95° weather is worth much more!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)