• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help I have several questions!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

So we are going in Oct. and we will be meeting up with another family and I have several questions so I thought I would just ask them all in one.

1. Since this will be our first time to go in late oct. what type of clothes should we pack?  Will we need light coats in the evening?

2. Will we be able to get seat for Fanstasmic! or will we need the Fantasmic! DInner package or us a FP+?

3. So the other family we are meeting there are actually coming with some extended family and she was wondering how to combine their accounts and memory maker b/c they were hoping to get only 1 memory maker for the entire group. 

4. Also I am assuming that if we are wanting to meet up with them for a sit down meal, should one of make the reservation for the entire group.  Will we still be able to use different dining plan even at the same table.

Thanks for any help or tips!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sammybea
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM

1. Layer clothes. The temp varies but can get cool in the evenings.  

2. We have always been able to get seats for fantasmic. But you will need to get there early. If you book a dinner you will get preferred seating. 

3. To combined families creat a My Disney Experience account either online or using the phone app

4. I believe you can book together using the my Disney experience app and you should be able to pay separate.  I would double check with Disney dining just to be sure. 

Sammybea
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM

P. S. Don't forget sunscreen no matter what time of year you visits Florida. :)

ablackdolphin
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:27 PM

We usually go in late Sept and it's usually still pretty warm then.  I usually do capris and then bring a change of clothing for the kids for the evening for pants and long sleeves if needed.  It's also handy to have ponchos not only for rain but for if you get cold.

kwannon
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:19 AM

1) Yes, layer your clothes.  If anything, stick all your jackets in a locker so you don't have to carry it around.

2) Fantasmic fills up quickly.  Get there at least 45 minutes before the show for a closer seat.  Hour 15 if you want to be safe.  Not sure about how the FP+ works with that.

3) no idea.  sorry.

4) One person (the one with access to make reservations on the account) makes the reservation for all the people and they will split up the bill however you want them too.

Quoting angelroberts:

So we are going in Oct. and we will be meeting up with another family and I have several questions so I thought I would just ask them all in one.

1. Since this will be our first time to go in late oct. what type of clothes should we pack?  Will we need light coats in the evening?

2. Will we be able to get seat for Fanstasmic! or will we need the Fantasmic! DInner package or us a FP+?

3. So the other family we are meeting there are actually coming with some extended family and she was wondering how to combine their accounts and memory maker b/c they were hoping to get only 1 memory maker for the entire group. 

4. Also I am assuming that if we are wanting to meet up with them for a sit down meal, should one of make the reservation for the entire group.  Will we still be able to use different dining plan even at the same table.

snowpeasmom
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Quoting angelroberts:

1. Since this will be our first time to go in late oct. what type of clothes should we pack?  Will we need light coats in the evening? Average temp for Oct is high 80 low of 54

2. Will we be able to get seat for Fanstasmic! or will we need the Fantasmic! DInner package or us a FP+? Show up early or do the dinner package, with Fantasmic being in tier A unless you have small children isn't worth it.. to see options of fastpass+ options click here.

3. So the other family we are meeting there are actually coming with some extended family and she was wondering how to combine their accounts and memory maker b/c they were hoping to get only 1 memory maker for the entire group. If you want to use one memory maker you also have to have the same fastpass+ options, and dining options....and need to be in the same resort if you are staying on property.  And to do that you need to link everyones account in mydisenyexperience.

4. Also I am assuming that if we are wanting to meet up with them for a sit down meal, should one of make the reservation for the entire group.  Will we still be able to use different dining plan even at the same table.You make one reservation with the number of party and then you can split the bill anyway you want but know that if you are above a party of 8 all together you will need to give a tip of 18%, even if you split the check up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mother to an amazing little boy Stephen, Disney Fanatic, Travel Agent, Single Mother, Home Schooling, Super Tall 6'2" all legs inseam 37 inches, Homebirthing, I ♥ Doctor Who, Juice Nut, Rape Survior, Crusie lover

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

angelroberts
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Thanks for all the tips.  We are from Texas so we understand the weather changing b/c many times we use our heat and A/C in one day! LOL  I didnt realize fast pass was a tier A, that might change things a bit and most of the kids are young and we usually dont see it every year.  Also thanks for the tip for a party over 8, I will need to remind our friends of that b/c I think they have 8 with just their group before we add us.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Quoting angelroberts:

1. Since this will be our first time to go in late oct. what type of clothes should we pack?  Will we need light coats in the evening? Average temp for Oct is high 80 low of 54

2. Will we be able to get seat for Fanstasmic! or will we need the Fantasmic! DInner package or us a FP+? Show up early or do the dinner package, with Fantasmic being in tier A unless you have small children isn't worth it.. to see options of fastpass+ options click here.

3. So the other family we are meeting there are actually coming with some extended family and she was wondering how to combine their accounts and memory maker b/c they were hoping to get only 1 memory maker for the entire group. If you want to use one memory maker you also have to have the same fastpass+ options, and dining options....and need to be in the same resort if you are staying on property.  And to do that you need to link everyones account in mydisenyexperience.

4. Also I am assuming that if we are wanting to meet up with them for a sit down meal, should one of make the reservation for the entire group.  Will we still be able to use different dining plan even at the same table.You make one reservation with the number of party and then you can split the bill anyway you want but know that if you are above a party of 8 all together you will need to give a tip of 18%, even if you split the check up. 

angelroberts
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Thanks for the tip.  I probably would have thought about it just before the trip, so I guess I better make sure and get enough this summer.

Quoting Sammybea:

P. S. Don't forget sunscreen no matter what time of year you visits Florida. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)