• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using mutiple discounts

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am already getting free dining, but I saw today that Disney is offering up to 30% off rooms the same time I am going.  Can I add that discount to my package even though I have free dining?

thanks,

Melissa

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM
3 moms liked this

NOPE

One or the other. 

Figure out how much you would spend on food and see if the free dining would save you more or the room discount. 

crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM
No unfortunately you cannot combine discounts. It would be great if you could though. You have to pick which discount works best for you.
Fairest1ofall
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM
If you get a pin you can use that in addition to your free dining or 30% off, whichever you had. Say you got a pin code in your email for free dining you could use that in addition to your 30% off. Pins are rare though. If you request a free map, and planning DVD, plan a couple trips and leave em sitting around in your cart for a few days you MIGHT be lucky and get one.
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM

That's not correct. 

A pin code is either for free dining or a room discount. 

You choose which offer you want to use.  You cannot do both. There is no stacking of discounts with Disney. 

Same for a bounce-back offer. 

Only one type of discount per vacation package. 

The only way you could use both is if you booked back to back vacations.

EXP:

You want to book for the week of Nov 8th-15th. 

You use free dining and book a package at a value resort and stay there from the 8th-11th. 

Then you book another package from the 11th-15th at a deluxe and use the room discount and use the money saved from the earlier booking to pay for your food. Now you you have used both discounts and got to upgrade the last part of your trip. 

Split stays are done at Disney all the time. They would transfer your luggage from the value resort to the deluxe resort. 

Quoting Fairest1ofall: If you get a pin you can use that in addition to your free dining or 30% off, whichever you had. Say you got a pin code in your email for free dining you could use that in addition to your 30% off. Pins are rare though. If you request a free map, and planning DVD, plan a couple trips and leave em sitting around in your cart for a few days you MIGHT be lucky and get one.

Fairest1ofall
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Hmm .. In 2011 I actually recieved a pin for free dining and a discounted room. But I guess that's considered "one offer" to disney since its one pin code.

Quoting TommyAbby:

That's not correct. 

You choose which offer you want to use.  You cannot do both. There is no stacking of discounts with Disney. 

EXP:

You use free dining and book a package at a value resort and stay there from the 8th-11th. 

Then you book another package from the 11th-15th at a deluxe and use the room discount and use the money saved from the earlier booking to pay for your food. Now you you have used both discounts and got to upgrade the last part of your trip. 

Split stays are done at Disney all the time. They would transfer your luggage from the value resort to the deluxe resort. 

Quoting Fairest1ofall: If you get a pin you can use that in addition to your free dining or 30% off, whichever you had. Say you got a pin code in your email for free dining you could use that in addition to your 30% off. Pins are rare though. If you request a free map, and planning DVD, plan a couple trips and leave em sitting around in your cart for a few days you MIGHT be lucky and get one.

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:07 PM

It was either or.  Not for both. 

Quoting Fairest1ofall: Hmm .. In 2011 I actually recieved a pin for free dining and a discounted room. But I guess that's considered "one offer" to disney since its one pin code.
Quoting TommyAbby:

That's not correct. 

EXP:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)