Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney Dining

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I booked the Disney Dining Plan - 1 quick service, 1 table service, & 1 snack per night.

Question is do we have to make reservations to do a table service meal? And what happens if we miss it due to a ride or being in line or something? 

Also can you sub a quick service meal for a table service meal? Or does it have to be a table service?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:57 PM

They really Recommend making reservations for table service restaurants.  You can do that at 180 days out.  

When making them they require you to put in your credit card and charge you $10 per person if you no show.  You just have to plan around it so you don't miss it.  They will probably take you a little late.  

ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't try to walk up to any restaurant I really, really wanted to eat at without reservations. It's a bad idea. 

buffalove23
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this
If you don't eat sit down service unless you are dining for free I would really reccomend either going down to the quick serve dining plan or no dining plan at all. Using your table service credits for quick serve is a huge waste
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. We go every year and get the dining plan and I've seen so many people walk up to a restaurant only to be told that they can't get in.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I wouldn't try to walk up to any restaurant I really, really wanted to eat at without reservations. It's a bad idea. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dfollin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Yes there are restaurants that are very busy. So it is always best to make reservations. You need to cancel with 24 hours before the reservation. Try not to get in line for a ride soon before your time.
Katt709
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive decided not to do the dining. I don't think it will work for us. Having to worry about reservations is not something I want to do at Disney. We'll just pay out of pocket and eat where we want quick service I guess
Momniscient
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
This. And just plan around a reservation so you don't miss it. Do something in the area just prior that doesn't require waiting in line or etc.

I make reservations all the time and have never missed one.

Quoting coolmommy2x: I agree. We go every year and get the dining plan and I've seen so many people walk up to a restaurant only to be told that they can't get in.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Amanda471
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I can definitely see why you'd rather do the quick service, be free to ride the rides and not be tied down by the reservation time.  But even if you schedule in a few meals like a character meal or a special place like Be Our Guest you may find that the sit down dining can be an expeirience in itself that is so worth having!  Either way you'll have a blast!!  Enjoy it!!

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Quoting Katt709: Ive decided not to do the dining. I don't think it will work for us. Having to worry about reservations is not something I want to do at Disney. We'll just pay out of pocket and eat where we want quick service I guess

Not sure if this is your 1st trip to WDW  and only trip but I would make sure to try  a few TS character breakfast and then you can time the rest of your day around that...or on ck-in day go to a TS for dinner and CK-out day go to TS breakfast.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
Katt709
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM
It's our second trip. We stayed off property and cooked last time. That was perfect then. We're staying on this time and we're doing 2 character meals. I think the rest we'll do quick service. Food isn't a big draw for us so we'll just have to fill up on the go.

Quoting Dawne98:

Quoting Katt709: Ive decided not to do the dining. I don't think it will work for us. Having to worry about reservations is not something I want to do at Disney. We'll just pay out of pocket and eat where we want quick service I guess

Not sure if this is your 1st trip to WDW  and only trip but I would make sure to try  a few TS character breakfast and then you can time the rest of your day around that...or on ck-in day go to a TS for dinner and CK-out day go to TS breakfast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)