• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hotel Options and Disney with a baby

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi Friends, I'm new here but found this board and thought it was perfect for my family.  I am 34 years old and a mom to soon to be 9 children.  We are wanting to plan a trip to Disney World in the near future.  I am currently pregnant with baby #5 and due in early January.  We were thinking about going in April or May.  By the time we would go in April our children would be 15, 9, 7, 4, 3 months. 

Does anyone have experience with going to disney world with such a young child? I've been promising my older children that we could go for a long time but didn't expect to be pregnant by the time we could go.  I want to go now because my oldest is getting ready to leave and the others are at a good age for disney and we want at least one more so who knows when I wouldn;t be pregnant again.

For our trip the 5 kids would be going, me and my husband, and my mother.  What kind of options are there for our family hotel wise?  We are trying to decide between getting multiple hotel rooms or getting one of the villas.

Also we would greatly appreciate any incite on going to dinsey with a young baby.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Disney isn't difficult with a baby. The baby can nap in his/her stroller and there are quite a few rides the baby can go on sitting n yur lap. For the bigger rides they have a baby swap program where someone stays behind with the baby, when the rest of the party comes off the ride, the one who was with the baby goes on the ride. They have changing centers in every park if you need it and they also have rooms for nursing and some supplies if you run out.

A villa would probably best best for you but I don't know your budget.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Depends on your budget
wandep
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:48 PM

We never stay on site. We found a great off site hotel called Baymont Inn and if you ask for the kid's suites they come with a bed for the parents I can't remember if it is full, queen, or king. Then it has a semi separate room with a bunk bed and a twin bed next to the bunk bed. Also has a microwave, sink, coffee maker, and fridge. Comes with free continental breakfast too. :) Under $100 a night. We search on hotwire deals to get their discount. 

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Babies can be done. There is the child swap passes for rides, the Baby care centers for changings/feedings.

If you aren't going to stay onsite, then you need to factor in: renting a minivan, parking fees, losing the ability to utilize the extra magic hours, meals in the parks then groceries for the hotel (snacks at night or breakfast before you leave), gas for the trips back and forth from the parks and then refilling the minivan to return it.... lot of extras that you would have to pay for out of pocket.

Staying on-site gives you the perks of Magical Express (if you fly in) that provides transportion to the resorts from the airport, the magic bands arriving before your trip to add to the excitement, the Extra magic hours so you can get on the popular rides before lunch and nap schedules or the evening hours to catch the rides you couldn't from earlier, the option of the dining plan to save money for a group as large as yours, Disney transport to and from the parks to your resort..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)