Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast Vent

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am so ticked.

Cinderella's Castle is going to be under construction when we go in January, which is fine, I understand. They moved Cinderella's Royal Table to the Grand Floridian, which is great. But they're still charging dining plans 2 tables! I can understand charging 2 if you're going into the castle, because (really) the whole point is giving your kid the experience of walking into the castle and meeting the princesses, but with no castle, why is it still 2 tables!?

I'm sticking with Akershus and getting the princesses to swarm DH. :) But I really wanted to try Cinderella's Royal Table while we were there, but I can't justify 2 tables for a princess breakfast at the Grand Floridian.

Did anyone attend the Grand Floridian one? Was it nice?

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you ... we've done Cinderella's dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian, and the princess meal at Akershus ... both were great. We did CRT last year and loved it, but I would not have paid 2 credits if it wasn't in the castle.

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Well Citrico's restaurant is a signature restaurant for dinner, so that's probably why.

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Right? Because my thought is that I'm paying to see my kid's eyes light the hell up when she walks into that castle. If it's not in the castle, I can't justify the extra meal, especially not with Akershus as an option.

While I really didn't care for the Norwegian food there (but loved 1900 Park Fare's offerings), I'll put up with it for that look on my kid's face when her favorite princesses come to talk to her.

Quoting RMT1995:

I agree with you ... we've done Cinderella's dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian, and the princess meal at Akershus ... both were great. We did CRT last year and loved it, but I would not have paid 2 credits if it wasn't in the castle.

RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Do the breakfast at Akershus, then!! No Norwegian food, just breakfast! :) (Might be late to get it, but worth trying!) 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Right? Because my thought is that I'm paying to see my kid's eyes light the hell up when she walks into that castle. If it's not in the castle, I can't justify the extra meal, especially not with Akershus as an option.

While I really didn't care for the Norwegian food there (but loved 1900 Park Fare's offerings), I'll put up with it for that look on my kid's face when her favorite princesses come to talk to her.

Quoting RMT1995:

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Dec. 15, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I have it! First day at 8 am! :)

Quoting RMT1995:

Do the breakfast at Akershus, then!! No Norwegian food, just breakfast! :) (Might be late to get it, but worth trying!) 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting RMT1995:

wandep
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2014 at 7:29 AM

We've only done 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella. Love that place and picked that restaurant for my 45th birthday in January. When are you going in January?

rhymia
by Member on Dec. 16, 2014 at 7:42 AM

We did CRT for our first visit. I agree that part of the experience is the fact you are in the castle. It is an AMAZING experience if you can do it. 

We also did Akershus the last time we went and loved it - I was a little nervous at the idea of Norwegian food, but we loved it (lots of salmon, shrimp, etc. which we love) along with the usual "disney" fare.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)