Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marrakesh

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
Has anyone tried Marrakesh in Epcot? Did you have a good experience there? I just reserved it for dinner one night. I'm excited for my daughter to see the belly dancers.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 6:17 AM

It was VERY good! And the dancer was fantastic. She brought the kids into the center of the room and taught a few basic arm movements and everyone applauded. 

The food was great and you get HUGE portions. The baklava dessert was soo good I wish i could have someone mail me some for Christmas LOL Just like my grandmother's baklava.

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 6:19 AM
I'm going in January. I'll mail you some!!!!

Quoting TommyAbby:

It was VERY good! And the dancer was fantastic. She brought the kids into the center of the room and taught a few basic arm movements and everyone applauded. 

The food was great and you get HUGE portions. The baklava dessert was soo good I wish i could have someone mail me some for Christmas LOL Just like my grandmother's baklava.

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 6:37 AM

HAHAHA.. Thanks :) 

Are you using the dining plan?

I had this:

Taste of Morocco - Berber Feast - Jasmina Salad, Chicken Kebab, Roast Lamb Meshoui, Couscous and Baklava 
It's usually $30, but since we had the dining plan, it was a part of it. I had to swap the Chicken Kebab for the Lemon Chicken Tangine as the other dish had mushrooms (allergy) It was SOO good. I wasn't fond of the lamb, but I generally don't like lamb to begin with. 

Tommy had the Chicken coucous and loved it. 

My hubby had the same dish as I, but he kept the kebab and pretty much inhaled it LOL

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: I'm going in January. I'll mail you some!!!!
Quoting TommyAbby:

Bookwormy
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 6:42 AM
I wonder what one could substitute for baklava with a tree nut allergy? This does souls great!

Quoting TommyAbby:

I had this:

Taste of Morocco - Berber Feast - Jasmina Salad, Chicken Kebab, Roast Lamb Meshoui, Couscous and Baklava 
It's usually $30, but since we had the dining plan, it was a part of it. I had to swap the Chicken Kebab for the Lemon Chicken Tangine as the other dish had mushrooms (allergy) It was SOO good. I wasn't fond of the lamb, but I generally don't like lamb to begin with. 
My hubby had the same dish as I, but he kept the kebab and pretty much inhaled it LOL

Quoting TommyAbby:

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„The kids had a blast
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

One of these perhaps:

Bastilla - Crispy leaves of pastry topped with vanilla cream and sprinkled with toasted almonds. For two - 8.99 - $7.99 

Marrakesh Delight - Fresh fruit salad topped with mint ice cream, toasted almonds and orange blossom water 

^^^The would make these without the almonds. 

Quoting Bookwormy: I wonder what one could substitute for baklava with a tree nut allergy? This does souls great!
Quoting TommyAbby:

I had this:

Quoting TommyAbby:

Bookwormy
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Yum!

Quoting TommyAbby:

One of these perhaps:

Bastilla - Crispy leaves of pastry topped with vanilla cream and sprinkled with toasted almonds. For two - 8.99 - $7.99 

Marrakesh Delight - Fresh fruit salad topped with mint ice cream, toasted almonds and orange blossom water 

^^^The would make these without the almonds. 

Quoting Bookwormy: I wonder what one could substitute for baklava with a tree nut allergy? This does souls great!

Quoting TommyAbby:

I had this:

Quoting TommyAbby:

Bookwormy
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Next time we go, we're going to Epcot, not just MK. We'll have to check this out as DD is a dancer & wants to learn to belly dance!
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Epcot is great and especially if you go during food and wine festival, you can try soo many different foods!! 

And belly dance is sooo much fun!!! She'll love learning it. I danced for 3 yrs, took a break, and will be getting back into in probably in the spring. 

Quoting Bookwormy: Next time we go, we're going to Epcot, not just MK. We'll have to check this out as DD is a dancer & wants to learn to belly dance!

Bookwormy
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 7:44 AM
DD does ballet & jazz but loves belly dancing. Just adores it! She'll probably perform Arabian in Nutcracker someday to combo her loves, lol!

Quoting TommyAbby:

Epcot is great and especially if you go during food and wine festival, you can try soo many different foods!! 

And belly dance is sooo much fun!!! She'll love learning it. I danced for 3 yrs, took a break, and will be getting back into in probably in the spring. 

Quoting Bookwormy: Next time we go, we're going to Epcot, not just MK. We'll have to check this out as DD is a dancer & wants to learn to belly dance!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)