Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

April vs. September

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:29 AM
  • 11 Replies
As a teacher with a school-aged child and a college-student husband, I'm stuck going to Disney only on school holidays.

Here are my 2 possible weeks:

April 3-9, 2016 (Easter is March 27)

September 18-24, 2016

I'm pretty sure September would be cheaper with less crowds, but that's hurricane season.

Ds also turns 3 at the end of June, which means he'd be free in April, but also wouldn't get the meal credits on the dining plan (the kid eats more than I do).

I only want to be there 5 days, and we'd likely book whichever end of the week offered the most savings.

Thoughts?
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:11 AM
September no question and thus is coming from a FL resident and annual passholder.
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Agreed! September :)

Quoting nomadbrat83: September no question and thus is coming from a FL resident and annual passholder.
Sagely
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Why is Sept better?

We went in April 2 years ago and the weather was so perfect. I worry that if we go September, it'll rain the whole time.
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Summer months it rains every afternoon, September it doesn't rain everyday. April is not gauranteed good weather. September has less crowds, better deals, etc. It's up to you, but those of us who live here know September is the better month.

Quoting Sagely: Why is Sept better?

We went in April 2 years ago and the weather was so perfect. I worry that if we go September, it'll rain the whole time.
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely September! The week before and after Easter is usually really busy.

Sagely
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Sold!  I also just noticed that the free dining plan is usually an option in September.

We are a family of serious eaters (I love the character dining so we don't have to stand in line or hunt down other characters).

And thank you for the reminder that September is fall.  LoL, it's been about 10 years since I lived in FL, and I remember hitting the beach in January and ducking for cover every day from 3:30-4:30 for the down pours in the summer.

Ah!  I'm so excited!

Quoting nomadbrat83: Summer months it rains every afternoon, September it doesn't rain everyday. April is not gauranteed good weather. September has less crowds, better deals, etc. It's up to you, but those of us who live here know September is the better month.
Quoting Sagely: Why is Sept better? We went in April 2 years ago and the weather was so perfect. I worry that if we go September, it'll rain the whole time.

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely September! Also a FL resident and passholder for going on 6 years now. Crowds are way better, you can get much better deals. And don't worry about hurricanes, we haven't had a very active hurricane season in 10 years!
armytriplets
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
We went in September and were able to walk right onto rides like Space Mountain that normally have two+ hour lines! We didn't have to get our spots for the parades hours in advance. It was so nice and relaxed. We don't live close, so we had to travel but I agree with all these passholders. September weather was lovely and we had a blast getting to do way more because the crowds were so small! Have fun!!
SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 9:07 PM
We went in April, and it was quite crowded. We're going again in ten days. I can't wait! I don't expect a large crowd.
nova.mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2015 at 8:23 PM

September - less crowds.  If you have the dinning plans, they give you credits for the meals.  As long as you get the same number of adult or kids meals as are eating at the time, they don't really pay attention what you do with them.  Many of the character meals are a buffet style, so the kids can get as much as they want(and don't have to stick to the kid's section of the buffet.

If your little one watches Disney Junior, at Hollywood & Vine you can eat with the character from some of the shows.  In 2011, we got to eat with Special Agent Oso(I don't think he is their now).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)