Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Viewing the castle at DisneyWorld from your hotel room

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:23 PM
  • 22 Replies

So...if I want to be able to see Cinderella's castle from my hotel room (to watch the fireworks)...

What's my best option for hotel (looking at late September) for under $515/night?  Or will that be possible?

We'll have 2 adults, a 3 year old, and an 8 year old.  And I like pretty things.  LoL

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:25 PM
We had castle view from WL. Beautiful! It ran us $100something a night.
Sagely
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Quoting almburr: We had castle view from WL. Beautiful! It ran us $100something a night.

Wow!  I don't see that option...it's either Courtyard, Woods, or Standard View.  How'd you get so lucky??

KTills
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you checked The Contemporary?

Sagely
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Looking, but finding reviews that it's not that awesome since you have to also overlook the parking lot to see the Magic Kingdom, and because of the location, the fireworks are off to the side instead of over the castle.

Kinda looks like my best options so far are the Grand Floridian (stretching the budget there) or Polynesian (can't find any definite answers about construction and prices are higher than Floridian!).

Or maybe I'll just save the family $1700 and stay in a family suite at AoA.

Quoting KTills:

matofour
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 4:02 PM
Does it have to be from your room?
We love the poly but always watch the fire works from the beach and pool area.
They dim the lights and pipe in the fireworks music even:) it's really nice!
djg0622
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 4:05 PM
We stayed in a cars suite at aoa and loved it! Their pool is awesome too.

Quoting Sagely:

Looking, but finding reviews that it's not that awesome since you have to also overlook the parking lot to see the Magic Kingdom, and because of the location, the fireworks are off to the side instead of over the castle.

Kinda looks like my best options so far are the Grand Floridian (stretching the budget there) or Polynesian (can't find any definite answers about construction and prices are higher than Floridian!).

Quoting KTills:

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 4:40 PM

With the construction, people are coming back saying that the new buildings block some of the view of the fireworks from the beach.

Quoting Sagely:

Quoting KTills:

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Your other option is renting DVC points. Below shows the Magic view rooms as how much it would be going from Sept18-23. The first price is for a studio room that sleeps 4, the second is for a 1 bedroom that sleeps 5. 

https://www.dvcrequest.com

You can also purchase your tickets and dining plan as well. You wouldn't qualify for the free dining if it comes out though

Bay Lake TowersMagic$1648$3184$4288

Sagely
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 6:42 PM

The appeal is more so that the kids can be in their pajamas, ready to knock out as soon as the show's over.

S'pose I could still do that at the same resort but it's like, THREE whole extra steps.  LoL

Quoting matofour: Does it have to be from your room? We love the poly but always watch the fire works from the beach and pool area. They dim the lights and pipe in the fireworks music even:) it's really nice!

Sagely
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I'm definitely leaning in that direction.  We stayed there in 2012 in the Mermaid rooms, so the Cars suite would still feel like an upgrade.  And they're much less walking than Little Mermaid.

I remember feeling like my feet were going to fall off at the end of the night.

Quoting djg0622: We stayed in a cars suite at aoa and loved it! Their pool is awesome too.
Quoting Sagely:

Quoting KTills:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)