Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I only need a half inch!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:17 PM
  • 19 Replies
DD is 47 1/2 " if she wears her snow boots. She needs to be 48" for the Aerosmith ride.

What can I do to elongate her????? I doubt a ponytail would work. Balled-up socks in the boots?

I hate being deceptive, but we won't get back to Disney for a few years.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anon55
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't do it. They have height requirements for a reason. 

TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:22 PM

If she is close enough to the sign and they can't get their hand between her head and the measure marker, they might just let her on. I saw it done a few times at different rides. It all depends on the CM at the time. 

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:30 PM
That makes me feel better. And I know if she can't, she can't. I just think it stinks to be so close and not be able to get back there for years. It's not like she's gonna fly out.

Quoting TommyAbby:

If she is close enough to the sign and they can't get their hand between her head and the measure marker, they might just let her on. I saw it done a few times at different rides. It all depends on the CM at the time. 

Mommy4-27-08
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:35 PM
My daughter was 39.5" when we went to Disneyland and she had to be 40" for like 6 rides that we wanted to go on. It sucked so much!!!! I just always used my best judgement on whether it was safe or not and if I felt it was, I would stuff her shoes. I didn't for every single one, but some just seemed silly to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:51 PM
If she's 47.5 WITH boots, it's not gonna happen, sorry 😕. They're super strict bc it's for safety reasons. I've seen them slide paper between the kids head and the board before to see if there was a gap.
sha_lyn68
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:51 AM

If the boots/shoes are obviously thicker than normal street shoes they have been known to ask the child to remove their shoes. Please don't risk your child's safety. If riding this one ride is so important, postpone your trip. 

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 8:25 AM

What height is she without shoes on?

mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter just barely skimmed under the bar and they didn't let her go on, after a 90 min wait. They did give us a fast pass to toy story mania. She was really disappointed, and probably would have been ok, but the employees do have to enforce the rules for patron safety. It isn't worth it if someone gets hurt.
RADmomma
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 3:16 PM
How tall is she with sneakers on? Is she's 1/2 too short with snow boots then she's probably an inch shorter than she needs to be. The rockin roller coaster goes upside down. I wouldn't risk it for this ride....
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I wouldn't risk it on rockin roller coaster either.

Quoting RADmomma: How tall is she with sneakers on? Is she's 1/2 too short with snow boots then she's probably an inch shorter than she needs to be. The rockin roller coaster goes upside down. I wouldn't risk it for this ride....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)