Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

still warm enough to swim?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:58 AM
  • 8 Replies

In earlier posts I said we are planning on going in Sept. (2016). It would be mid to late Sept. Is it still warm enough to swim and go to the beach then? Would August be better? Thanks in advance!!

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RMT1995
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:05 AM

My last two trips were in December (we swam) and November (my husband and daughter swam, I only did for a bit). So depending on where you're from (we're from New England) and what temps it is when you're there, I'd say most likely yes, you'll be able to swim.

mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:08 AM

Yes.

mcginnisc
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:10 AM

August and September are typically the hottest months for Georgia and Florida. You can definitely swim in September...it will be in the high 90s to low 100s in Central FL..without humidity.  I'm a native Georgian and my mother and ILs live an hour north of DW. We swim year round there. We will be going down in a few weeks and will be swimming in February. :-) 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Absolutely! September is still usually ridiculously hot down here. You will probably get afternoon thunderstorms daily but it's definitely still hot!
nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:50 PM
This

Quoting MamaJessx3: Absolutely! September is still usually ridiculously hot down here. You will probably get afternoon thunderstorms daily but it's definitely still hot!
-bliss-
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 9:21 AM

Yes!

DJDNY
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Yes

PeppermintyTea
by on Jan. 22, 2015 at 1:04 AM
It was HOT when we went in September. We swam every night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)