Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney cruise!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:09 PM
  • 8 Replies
We leave on the Disney Dream cruise on Feb 15th...any advice, tips, things I need to know? This is our first cruise ever.
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2016 at 10:10 AM

YOur going to love it our 1st Disney cruise was on the Dream!

Make sure to do your CK in for your port arrival time the sooner you log in for that the shorter your time at the port! They are going to show you times I would go with the earliest one you can get to cut your time down on waiting to get on the Dream.

We have been on two DC you don't need to worry what group you'll be in just don't show up at 9am if your port arrival time is for 11 or latter you'll have to wait hours to get on!

We had a port arrival time of 11 for our last DC and as soon as we ck in we waitted no more then 30 mins and our gruop was called on the ship!

Also I had a backpack that had our swimsuits and what we would need to hung out by the pool until we where able to get in our stateroom. 

You can eat at a TS or by the pool. Make sure to look at the Navigator each day so you can see what's going. 

Most of all have FUN! KNOW your not going to be albe to see and do it all just like a trip to WDW. 

BTW you can order room service 24 hours a day and they have MICKEY ice cream! Each night we would order those and the big island cookie with milk lol

Molimomma
by Member on Jan. 28, 2016 at 12:39 PM

We did the Wonder in November and I had done the Magic & Wonder before I got married many years ago. It's fun BUT...if you have picky eaters it might be a challenge. Bring a few favorite snacks for in your stateroom(I brought goldfish, ritz bitz, granola bars, that kind of thing). Bring a reusable cup, the cups at the drink station up by the pools are tiny and it's a pain to schlep up there for a drink. You can bring a case of bottled water in your carry on luggage and I brought a case of juice boxes too for my son to have in our room fridge. Door decorations are a thing, the door to your stateroom is magnetic so bring some decorations and stick magnets on the back. My son got such a kick out of this plus it made it easy for him to identify which room was ours.

Get room service at least once, it's included except for a tip for the person delivering it and they have delicious cookies! If your cruise has "pirate night" bring costumes/dress up stuff. My son doesn't do costumes but I did bring him a foam sword, eye patch, and pirate accessories. Some people go ALL OUT in full pirate costume, even adults! Bring Seabands just in case! I had a pair for my son but had to buy another pair for me from the gift shop on board, they really help with sea sickness and my son was not sick at all when he wore them but was sick once before we put them on. They are drug-free so no one is sleepy and they work fast! His were much cheaper from Amazon than mine were. I could list a 100 other tips but don't want to go on and on if you have any questions ask!

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Jan. 28, 2016 at 10:53 PM
Thanks so much!
KatieJumonville
by Member on Jan. 29, 2016 at 7:41 AM
If you bring plain white pillowcases and drop them off at the concierge desk, you can have the Disney characters sign them for your kiddos. 2/ state room.
Molimomma
by Member on Jan. 29, 2016 at 8:17 AM

They quit doing this in September or October of last year.

Quoting KatieJumonville: If you bring plain white pillowcases and drop them off at the concierge desk, you can have the Disney characters sign them for your kiddos. 2/ state room.

MrsKittyZ15
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2016 at 8:21 AM

We sailed on the Disney Magic back in November.

Just a couple tips

1 - Make sure you get in line early for the character meets. They only allow 15 minutes and they WILL cut the line off.

2 - Get tickets for the Princess/Frozen meet n greets at the Port Excusions desk as soon as you can because they do go pretty quickly. Character meets, you don't need tickets for.

3 - If they do any stage shows, we saw Tangled, get in line early to get decent seats. And try to make sure everyone has used the bathroom/gotten drinks/snacks before going into the theater so no one has to leave. In my experience, they were very adament about NO ONE saving seats for anyting. Even if it was someone in your party. There was a couple behind us whose daughter went to the bathroom and they were told, "if she's not back in about 2 minutes, we're going to have to let someoe else sit in her seat."

wandep
by on Feb. 11, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Hope you have fun!!! You will enjoy it and be spoiled. :) We're going on our 2nd DIsney cruise in March. We did the Dream first and this time will be the Magic. :)

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Feb. 12, 2016 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

We leave in two days and are really really excited!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)