Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Planning First Trip

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 2:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
Now this isn't til 2019. but with our income I need all the time in the world to plan. It's a family of 7. At that time they'll be 12,12,10,9,and 6. I know I want to do like the hawthorn suites,which will be free breakfast. Lunch can be our meals out, since we will be out. And have stuff to cook at the hotel for dinner. but that's about all I got. I'm needing to know what to save each month to get this going. but I'm so lost on it all. HELP
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
djsmommy13
by Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 2:52 PM
I believe in the Disney World website there is an area where you can set up kinda like a payment plan. U select what you want, like hotels tickets etc.it will tell you the total price for it. I then can have a certain amount taken out of your bank account every month to go towards it
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 7:58 PM

Use this: 

https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/

Check out the cost of tickets now and add for the price increases that will happen in 2018 and 2019. Add for anything you want to buy. 

angelmom224
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Yes set up an account with Disney Vacation account. Also if you have a red card for target you use that to buy Disney gift cards and save 5%. You just add them to your account. Hawthorne? And free breakfast? I'm not sure which area in Disney that would be. None of the Disney hotels offer free breakfast.
Dannygirl25
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 4:39 PM
Flying or driving?
Dannygirl25
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 4:41 PM
If you are driving then throw cases of water in your car along with any prepackaged snacks. Those can be brought into the park or get groceries delivered to your hotel
laurag8707
by Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 4:27 PM

Ways you can save money at disney is to one ask for free water at the food carts if you're in magic kingdom there are ones all over the main entrance and so forth they give free water.

You can go to the resorts and try out their services for free to keep the kids entertained for instance art of animation has free drawing lessons 3 times a day and polynessian has free hula lessons at 3 pm these are often fun free things for the kids to do plus if you like pin trading anyone can pin trade at the resorts you dont have to be a guest to do so.

The outlet mall if you take an uber to either one here they have stores there where you can find things a lot cheaper then you would in the parks like way cheaper. Also the walmart at turkey lake road has a huge stock of disney merchandise for way cheaper. I mean plushes, keychains, tshirts etc and you can uber there pretty inexpensivley.

You may want to check into the dining plan for your family to see if that will save you any money as well.  

Sassypantsx2
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2017 at 8:06 PM
You don't necessarily have to stay off property to get affordable rates. Look for Disney's value resorts like the All Star and Pop Century. They have rooms and family suites available at affordable prices (around $100/night for standard rooms). If you book at an "off" time of year like right after Labor Day or after New Year's, they offer free dining plans (which can save a TON of money). Check the website and look for the deals. Personally, I recommend coming in the off times because you'll get to do so much more! Plus, you get those extra magic hours in the parks by staying on property. If you can't find what you're looking for on the website, call Guest Relations. They will take great care of you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)