Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to buy.....

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2017 at 4:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

We are thinking about surprising the boys with a trip to Disney World as a Christmas. We're starting now getting ticket prices and budgets together. We found a website with pretty good prices but aren't sure about the legitimacy of the website. I know that we have the option to buy directly from Disney or even Undercover Tourist but we found a great rate at officialticket,com which is a site that we've never used. Have any of you moms used this website or have any other recommendations for discount tickets. TIA

by on Jul. 2, 2017 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2017 at 8:29 PM

I've only used direct through Disney and Undercover Tourist.  I just googled and the word "legit" and they have a ton of complaints and they say it is a scam.

by Member on Jul. 9, 2017 at 5:40 PM
I tried going to their website and it is sitting out all kinds of warnings for my browser. However, I think they are the same ones who used to spam Yahoo answers all of the time. If so, They actually advertised on their website that Universal Studios was a part of Walt Disney World.
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2017 at 6:03 PM
I've also used Tickets at Work. If you need a code, let me know.
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2017 at 10:21 AM

I have only bought from Disney site.  I have heard about people getting scammed, ticket expiring(even though they were told the tickets would not expire), etc.  Paying a bit more from Disney is worth the added security of a "safe ticket" to me.

by Member on Jul. 12, 2017 at 8:39 PM
We've used undercover tourist two times and totally would use it again.
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2017 at 9:26 PM
Go through Disney. There are so many ways to make your trip affordable. Look for value resorts, such as the All Star; and times of free dining, usually off seasons like right after Labor Day. Honestly, you don't want to send someone during Christmas. I know it sounds awesome, but in reality it's miserable... it's extremely crowded, wait times are insane, parks are capped shortly after opening. It's not exactly feel the magic. I highly recommend coming during an off time, that way it's just a better experience all around. Trust me, I really can't make this stuff up 😀
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2017 at 5:12 PM

You're saying as a Christmas present, right?  When would you actually be going?  Before or after Christmas?  The two weeks of Christmas break are pretty crowded, but the first and second weeks of December are great and January is good too -- but those early December weeks are seriously awesome because it's decorated and the crowds aren't bad! 

Undercover Tourist is legit -- but you probably want to stick with DisneyWorld.  I don't think that UT saves that much off the price of the ticket -- does it?  

by on Aug. 9, 2017 at 4:58 PM

the one thing and I don't if you are into this, we have a Disney Credit Card which is our house hold card, so, we have earned so many points . we actually have gotten tickets and rooms for free. It's worth it, besides that , probably just investigating in that area would be best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)