Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Magic Kingdom viewing spots?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

Where do you like to view the Magic Kingdom's parades and fireworks?

by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PipersMommy
by Member on Feb. 27, 2007 at 8:53 AM
My favorite spot for Wishes is right on  the bridge to Tomorrowland. Tink flies right over your head and it's slightly less crowded than directly in front of the castle, but still a great view.

For both parades I like to watch from the 2nd level of the train station. You have to get there a good hour or so early. But you get an elevated view, you can sit on chairs instead of the ground, you don't have to strain you neck looking up, because most things are now at your eye level and you can start watching as soon as the parade gets to caslte hub and watch it all the way into Town Square!

And an Illuminations tip.... Arrive an hour or so early, sit on the bridge side at one of the restaurant tables in Mexico. It's a great view, you can sit and you can take turns going to buy margaritas or food!
mommysboys700
by Member on Jan. 23, 2008 at 4:15 PM

We love right on Main Street,I love that area of Magic Kingdom!
We sit by Caseys Corner,the hotdog cafe and always always get there at least 40 minutes before the parade.

Pipersmommy,we also watch illuminations from outside Mexico pavillion and eat tacos !
Best spot!!

luvmyawsomgirls
by on Jan. 23, 2008 at 4:20 PM
This is our favorite spot too! we love it we plan our night around it. we get  a late night snack and a drink and sit on the bridge waiting for the fireworks to start! our favorite spot for the parades is in front of guest relations we sit on the stairs and the kids get a front row view!
Quoting PipersMommy:

My favorite spot for Wishes is right on  the bridge to Tomorrowland. Tink flies right over your head and it's slightly less crowded than directly in front of the castle, but still a great view.

For both parades I like to watch from the 2nd level of the train station. You have to get there a good hour or so early. But you get an elevated view, you can sit on chairs instead of the ground, you don't have to strain you neck looking up, because most things are now at your eye level and you can start watching as soon as the parade gets to caslte hub and watch it all the way into Town Square!

And an Illuminations tip.... Arrive an hour or so early, sit on the bridge side at one of the restaurant tables in Mexico. It's a great view, you can sit and you can take turns going to buy margaritas or food!
pugslave
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2008 at 4:44 PM

There's no place like being in front of the castle, however, we have watched the fireworks from the Polynesian resort.  They have a beautiful beach just past the pool area.  We use their pool chairs and watch the fireworks over the castle, and over the water.  They pipe the music in so you hear everything.  It's a really neat and different view. 

Cadyrose
by on Jan. 23, 2008 at 7:41 PM
We were sitting on the inside circle of Main Street right in front of Cinderella's castle.  We waited a good hour and a half cause we thought the parade started earlier than it actually did.  The cast members came out and and played games like duck duck goose, limbo and a guest juggled for us.  It was a great spot but I think next time we may try the train station.
IAmBianca
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 8:59 AM
  • We sit in the seatind/dining pavilion just between main street and Tomorrow land : if facing the castle to the right.  Tink's line runs right over the back cut path into tomorrow land...you would end up right next to Monsters Inc.  I have had my family scope out a table by the fencing and eaten snacks or ice cream.  we have also been able to walk over to the wire and seen tink fly over our heads!
    Bianca 
  • Careful if you decided to stay on Main street sections.  The crowds MOVES when the parade is over and youget caught up whether you want to or now, traffic lasts close to 45 depending on how busy the park is. 
  • In the spot above, you canstay put untill the crowd passe, which is hard to manuvere with small kids and strollers, or if the park is still open...during high peak season or disney magic hours...you can jet back through Tomorrow land as ride a few more things.
  • Once we decided to walk the park instead of seeing the fireworks, and we still were able to appriciate them.  Peter pan's ride is a good lookout.  best thing the park is quiet and there is no wait for rides.  Just have to weigh your options.
  • Bianca
momof3inleh
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 9:02 AM
We actually watch from behind the castle by the dumbo ride ! Not alot of people are there and it is an awesome view!!
my mom is the best becuase she works her business from home!!!
sandrasanders
by Member on Jan. 24, 2008 at 9:08 AM
We went to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas, we didnt get spots right away, YOU MUST BE BEHIND THE ROPE THAT IS PUT UP FOR THE PARADE...other wise the disney employees get very rude and mean and talk down to you... that was quite annoying, needless to say we squeezed into the roped area and a family that was out roaming around returned to yell at us and say we took there spot... they had like 3 strollers there.... if they would have moved their strollers they wouldnt have had a problem... but the disney employees told us to go under the rope right there.... I dont know... it was miserable... this was by the ice cream shop on the right side of main street and the disney employees kept standing infront of us... it was not a good trip to disney for us!  We are going back next christmas earlier in december so we wont have this problem... and we will get a spot either in the front at the circle or something...
AustinAllysmom
by on Jan. 24, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Quoting sandrasanders:

We went to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas, we didnt get spots right away, YOU MUST BE BEHIND THE ROPE THAT IS PUT UP FOR THE PARADE...other wise the disney employees get very rude and mean and talk down to you... that was quite annoying, needless to say we squeezed into the roped area and a family that was out roaming around returned to yell at us and say we took there spot... they had like 3 strollers there.... if they would have moved their strollers they wouldnt have had a problem... but the disney employees told us to go under the rope right there.... I dont know... it was miserable... this was by the ice cream shop on the right side of main street and the disney employees kept standing infront of us... it was not a good trip to disney for us!  We are going back next christmas earlier in december so we wont have this problem... and we will get a spot either in the front at the circle or something...
I had the very same problem with the employee's at disney during a parade. It seems that all the "jerk" employees come out during that time. I wanst even watching the parade and I wasnt even by the rope and i stopped for a moment to let my little boy catch up with me and a employee got right in my face and said MOVE so being the type of person i am i got right back in his face and said do u mind if i wait for my child and he said, "well it sure looks like u are watching the parade to me"....needless to say when my boyfriend arrived I pointed the nice fellow out and we went right to his supervisor and the next night i got seats right upfront for the parade....lol

Another time during a parade when we were walking behind on the side walk a poor guy in a wheelchair was in front of us trying to get through the crowds and another "jerk" employee was behind us and screamed GET MOVING....well this time my boyfriend was with us and him being the "nice" person that he is...lol...turned around and screamed back...what the **** do u want us to do...run him over????.
I dont know what their problem is during the parades....i understand they have to do their job but they dont have to be so damn ignorant!
I have also noticed that they act like that during the "extra hours" in the park so to me that perk isnt really a perk i want to do anymore.....
Photobucket

sandrasanders
by Member on Jan. 24, 2008 at 4:02 PM
They are still getting paid to be there right?? lol its not volunteer work??  when I was yelled at I said WELCOEM TO THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!  and said let me speak to the mouse!! 
Quoting AustinAllysmom:

Quoting sandrasanders:

We went to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas, we didnt get spots right away, YOU MUST BE BEHIND THE ROPE THAT IS PUT UP FOR THE PARADE...other wise the disney employees get very rude and mean and talk down to you... that was quite annoying, needless to say we squeezed into the roped area and a family that was out roaming around returned to yell at us and say we took there spot... they had like 3 strollers there.... if they would have moved their strollers they wouldnt have had a problem... but the disney employees told us to go under the rope right there.... I dont know... it was miserable... this was by the ice cream shop on the right side of main street and the disney employees kept standing infront of us... it was not a good trip to disney for us! We are going back next christmas earlier in december so we wont have this problem... and we will get a spot either in the front at the circle or something...
I had the very same problem with the employee's at disney during a parade. It seems that all the "jerk" employees come out during that time. I wanst even watching the parade and I wasnt even by the rope and i stopped for a moment to let my little boy catch up with me and a employee got right in my face and said MOVE so being the type of person i am i got right back in his face and said do u mind if i wait for my child and he said, "well it sure looks like u are watching the parade to me"....needless to say when my boyfriend arrived I pointed the nice fellow out and we went right to his supervisor and the next night i got seats right upfront for the parade....lol

Another time during a parade when we were walking behind on the side walk a poor guy in a wheelchair was in front of us trying to get through the crowds and another "jerk" employee was behind us and screamed GET MOVING....well this time my boyfriend was with us and him being the "nice" person that he is...lol...turned around and screamed back...what the **** do u want us to do...run him over????.
I dont know what their problem is during the parades....i understand they have to do their job but they dont have to be so damn ignorant!
I have also noticed that they act like that during the "extra hours" in the park so to me that perk isnt really a perk i want to do anymore.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)