Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dining with the characters

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:02 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hi Everyone! My family and I are going to Disney (FL) in 9 days. We can't wait! What character dining place did you like best? I have a 5yr old daughter and a 3 yr old son.
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommakaybear
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 2:36 PM
Hi we love Disney!!!  My husband and I got married there as well!!!  We went to Disney last year for Halloween!!!  Our daughter was 2 1/2 years old then.  We did a lot of character dining then.  Our favorite was Play n dine at Hollywood and Vine at MGM studios.  They had JoJo's circus and the Little Einsteins there.  The characters would come up and get the kids and dance with them while you could enjoy your food - but I was too busy taking pics!!!  We also loved the Winnie the Pooh breakfast at the Magic Kingdom and also the breakfast with Mickey and Friends at the Contempory - they were the best!!!  The other place we had lunch/dinner at was with the Disney Princess's at Epcot - my daughter was not to fond of them giving her hugs and kisses - plus for a hot dog, fries and drink it was $14 (not worth it)!!!  I hope you guys have fun!!!  We will be going back there next year!!!
cat323
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:02 PM

We LOVE Chef Mickey's! We also have gone to Crystal Palace in MK where the Pooh gang hangs out! Liberty Tree Tavern with Mickey and Friends. Hollywood and Vine at MGM, Donalds Breakfastosaurus in AK with Donald. The Grand Floridian with Alice and friends!!

Have a GREAT time!! 

Cat          

DisneyMomma
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:53 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern (magic kindgom) is fun.....There is a restaurant at Epcot in the Land pavillion that is good for character dining.can't think of the name of it though...my mind is going blank right now!  
Also, the Crystal Palace..(magic kingdom)...and Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine (mgm) is fairly new...and fun too!
Also, check at the various Disney resorts....a lot have character buffets on the weekends...and the crowds there seem to be smaller than the crowds waiting to eat at the parks!
Pean
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:57 PM
Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom.GREAT food and Pooh and all his friends come to your table.You must call in advance.I worked there years ago and have been countless times.My last trip we ate there for the first time.My husband said after eating there,"Lets go here every trip." Liberty Tree is good as well.Charactors are only there for dinner.Have fun!!! Wish I was going!
3Gdkids
by Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:26 PM
Cinderellas breakfast..!!!!!
Girls get a photo op with Cindy  and all the other princesses, food was good and girls rcv a wand and boys a sword.    A little pricey but well worth the entertainment .  Plus its inside the castle,.

I wanted to add this....too cute.
jenny76
by Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 4:59 PM
My family goes to WDW every year and we love to do character dining. We love the crystal palace with pooh and friends. The food is great and the characters came over to are table every 15 minutes it's also not that pricey. We've also done the princess lunch over at Epcot ( I believe it's in the Norway section) It's more money but I thought it was worth it because my daughter got to meet all the princesses and she even got to take picture with them which they framed and gave to us when we left. If you do that one make sure you book now it fills up quickly!! We've also done Dinner at Chef Micky's and that's fun too. Our number one chose though would have to be crystal palace, even though my daughter is a big princess fan she always picks the pooh bear breakfast every year. Hope you have fun.
tuxladi
by Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:02 PM
Kids loved Tea with Alice at the Grand Floridian. GF also has a great Pirate Cruise that gives grownups some time alone!! I hear that the Contemporary has some great character dining. We did Crystal Palace, great character atmosphere, but food left something to be desired. I hear there is a character lunch at Italy or France at Epcot, but I might be mistaken. MGM was cool, and it seemed like there were more characters floating around there than even the MK!! Good luck and have fun!! Check out WDWinfo.com, that is where I got a lot of my information on fun stuff to do. Also, ask for a ride with the captain on the monorail - they will do it and it is worth the wait!!
DisneyWishes
by Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM
I like 1900 Park Fayre at the Floridian.   It is good to get the boat from there to MK when you have had breakfast - just a good experience, where you get some of the luxury of the Grand Floridian without  having to pay for the hotel room!

Alison

ShonnaPhelps
by Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Uh-oh! Nine days! Have you made reservations already? They book as far as 6 months in advance. Hurry up and call.

I loved Akerhaus in Epcot with the Princesses (because Cinderella's castle was already booked 4 months in advance). The Crystal Palace was Winnie the Pooh characters. Chef Mickey's was Mickey & The Gang...liked that one and we actually got in at the last minute because someone cancelled (you just have to call back every day or check while you're in the park, but it is very rare).

We had dinner at Cinderella's castle. There were no characters at the dinner, but Cinderella was in the foyer while we waited. She's not guaranteed to be there, but it was a nice surprise. We had a late dinner so we actually got to see the fireworks through the awesome windows while dining. Another nice surprise!

I don't know about the Italian restaurant at the front of The Magic Kingdom (Main Street) or the other one in Frontier Land (I think) but at least you have a couple more options.

msargent
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2007 at 7:39 AM

The Garden Grille is in The Land at Epcot. It is a revolving restaurant.  I loved it !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)