Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Time to go!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:40 AM
  • 9 Replies
Okay our family went to WDW last week. It was HOT, CROWDED and very busy! Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, I had a blast! However, I talked with a tour guide and he told me he has been there for years and the best time to go is the 1st couple weeks of September... Kids are getting back to school, family vacations are almost over and the weather is PERFECT! He said it is still very warm but not as bad as now. I can't remember if he said the park closes a couple hours earlier during this time or they don't offer extra magic hours but at any rate his point was you won't need them because the lines are not long anyway! I AM READY TO GO BACK! 4 days was not long enough! If you have never been I recommend these things
* Expedition Everest
*Parades
* Fireworks in-front of the castle, if you are behind the view is not good, you cant see them for the trees!... PS. Tinkerbelle flies out of the castle, very special moment for my girls!
*Spaceship Earth (I think thats what it's called, inside the big golf-ball looking thing at Epcot, it was great!)
* In Epcot stop and try the sodas from other countries (FREE)
* LUNCH at Cinderella's table was AMAZING! It was a little pricey but I would do it again in a heartbeat! I think we paid $215 for 6 of us (4 adults, 2 kids and the baby ate off our plates but there was more than enough) Not only did Jasmine, Cinderella, Snow White, Belle and the Fairy Godmother show up they went to every table, talked to each child, signed things and posed for pictures! They did not rush us at all! They were so nice and made my kids feel like princesses. Plus they had a wishing ceremony (pictured below). Each child got a magic wand and a wishing star. We also got 2 free packs of pictures (They take pics of your group with Cinderella in the lobby as you are waiting for a table) delivered to our table, come with 2 8x10's of our group, 2 8x10's of the castle and 8 4x6 pics to give to family. ( If your party has 5 or more you get that, if not you only get 1 pkg which is 1/2 of what I just said) Okay, I am rambling but it was WONDERFUL!... Our experience at Cinderella's Royal Table (some of it!)....

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
avandal
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:23 AM
i go in november and its awesome no waiting and the weather is perfect

p.s. LOVE the pictures-they are the cutest
cat323
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:28 AM
we go in May, October, November and December. Great pics!!!
johnnysmom912
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:05 AM
we went in feburary, and it was great we didn't wait in lines and it wasn't too hot, ( i would've liked it to be a LIttle warmer) but all in all it was a great time to go, we are planning another trip for next feb!
DisneyWishes
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:22 AM
September is a great time to go - it is light on crowds.   Early November, and first 2 weeks of December are good times too.
tysmom2003
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:31 AM
SEPTEMBER IS NOT BAD BUT I WILL TELL YOU THE BEST TIME TO GO!! I WENT THE LAST WEEK OF JANUARY (IF YOU CAN TEAR YOUR HUSBAND AWAY FROM THE SUPERBOWL) IT WAS COOL IN THE MORNING AND THE REST OF THE DAY IT WAS AWESOME!! IT WAS ABOUT THE HIGH 70'S PERFECT FLORIDA WEATHER. THE LINES WERE NOT LONG AT ALL IT WAS AMAZING.
kristisma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2007 at 11:01 AM
I 2nd that January is absolutely the best time to go... I have been there in June, July,  Feb and this last time Jan.  We were there Jan 14-20.. The weather was BEAUTIFUL.. 70s and low 80s every day with low humidity.. I think it only rained once that entire week and not every day like it does in the summer months.    The parks were not crowded...  At one point in Epcot were were by ourselves practicially in that big circle area before the countries...  The photographer gave my kids an acutally photo shoot because no one was waiting.. He took over 10 pics!
MusicMom823
by Member on Jun. 26, 2007 at 3:35 PM
We found the week after new years to be just about perfect too.  Both times we went this time of year we still had great weather...70's and 80's.  I know it's more of a risk weather wise but we had virtually no lines at any of the parks.  It was great!
Arbogast
by Member on Jun. 26, 2007 at 5:12 PM
My family is going in September , but your pictures look great!
Nicci0706
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:14 PM

January is the time to go.  We have been numerous times at that time of year and the parks are less crowded and the weather is perfect.  We were able to ride pirates continuously without lines.  We have been in October as well and that was just too hot still for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)