Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i know this is a long ways off, but.....

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:21 PM
  • 4 Replies
i'm so excited!!! my mom called and said that they are treating the whole family to disneyland in may of '09.  she is hoping to get the disneyland hotel, since we have never stayed there and it has always been a dream of ours.  that summer is a summer for alot of milestones.....my parents 50th anniversary, my husband and our 25th anniversary, our oldest daughter will be graduating from college and then my youngest daughter and my niece will be turning 21.

has anyone stayed at the disneyland hotel? what did you think of it? would it be just as nice staying at one of local hotels instead?  we won't have any young kids with us...all adults.  any recommendations on a good hotel?

any advice on booking a vacation and with what agency, please let me know.  i do know that you cannot book way in advance at the disneyland hotel because i was trying to see how much it would be in jan of 08, and they don't have their prices that far in advance.  our family doesn't need airfare, but my parents and my sister and her family do, they are from nashville.

Kim

Even when you can't find a reason to honor another person, honor him or her out of respect for the Creator.

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DovesMom
by Member on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:45 PM
I've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, and the Paradise Pier Hotel ( another Disney property Hotel).  There is also the new Hotel they have The Grand Californian ( I think thats the name)

Anyone of those 3 are nice, because once your there, you just walk to Disneyland and California Adventure through Downtown Disney.
I've also stayed off property at the Marriott years ago, and some of the local motels.  ( I dont' know if those are even still there, with the construction that took place)

Last summer we stayed at Paradise Pier Hotel at the concierge level.
It was totally worth it, included was a breakfast items, drinks and snacks all day long, and heavy appetizers in the evening, plus beer and wine.

Either way.... I think its always great to stay on property.

How exciting , congrats to all of  you.
Mummzy
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:48 PM
are any of the family members going in the military (including national guard)?
If so let me know and I will explain.
Catch ya soon.
kre4christ
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 9:50 PM

Quoting Mummzy:

are any of the family members going in the military (including national guard)?
If so let me know and I will explain.
Catch ya soon.
my nephew should still be in the national guard at that time.

Kim

Even when you can't find a reason to honor another person, honor him or her out of respect for the Creator.

MickeyMomma
by Member on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Hi!

Congratulations!  I see you're looking for an agency and I don't ever mean to toot my own horn but I am a travel agent specializing in Disney Destinations and my agency is Earmarked and an Authorized Disney Travel Planner.  If you'd like to go through me, let me know.  There is no fee whatsoever because Disney pays our commission and we search everyday for new Disney deals.  You also have the benefit of dealing with just one person for your vacation planning instead of calling Disney and dealing with a different person at the call center each time you talk to them.  We book with Walt Disney Travel Company and it is true that package prices do not get released that far in advanced, usually about 6 months :(

Bonnie Clark
Disney Travel Agent
www.mickeyvacations.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)