Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about military discounts...

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:28 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi ladies!  I was wondering if anyone here knows if you can buy the military discounted tickets and then use them at a later time, like you can with the regular tickets.  

Also, has anyone ever stayed at the Shades of Green hotel?  And if so what did you think about it?  Do you make reservations there the same way you do with the other hotels on property or is it a different process?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:12 AM
Go to there web site shades of green will tell you if they have a room avalible.
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 9:06 AM
We stay with them all the time! Love it more now that it is remodeled! The tickets that we get from them have to be used on consecutive days but are just like hopper tickets, where you can pick how many days you will need the tickets from and then park hop as much as you want! They do expire though... You book through them just like you would any hotel but you have to have whomever is sponsoring you their rank then when checking in they have to have their ID or you can use your military ID, same goes for buying the tickets. They are tax free and so is the golf shop and the gift shop! They have 3 pools, one shaped like Mickey's head, and 2 heated (one is a kiddie pool). Have a VERY small play area, a nice sports bar, fancy Italian Restaurant and a nice casual one, plus an express cafe that you pass by each day when you go to get a bus. They provide transportation to the TTC as well as to MGM, Animal Kingdom, the water parks and Down Town Disney. If they are all booked up when you want to go they will put you up in another hotel on the property usually the Contemporary, we had to do this once while rennovations were going on. Ask for the new side and a pool view if you have smaller kids, our kids are older so we asked for the newer side but overlooking the golf course, it was really nice to have coffee out on the balcony and watch the deer walking all over...............have fun!!

Mom of 4 GREAT guys  Steve (20)

Andrew (18)

Jordan (16)

Kyle (13)

by Member on Jul. 15, 2007 at 9:18 PM
Shades of Green is awesome! My husband was an E-3 so we only payed like $65 a night. It's a magic Kingdom resort so you're so close. There a little pokey with the buses but you can walk to the polynisian and take the monorail if you don't have little kids, it's a bit of a stroll but not to bad. The rooms are huge. Two queen beds and a pull out couch, microwave and refigerator. It's such a nice place.
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2007 at 12:32 AM
Thanks for the info, the hotel sounds nice!  So I guess how much your room costs is based on rank?  I know you used to be able to buy your tickets without making a reservation, and use them years later, can you still do that?  If so, can you do that with the military tickets?

We probably won't be going for a couple more years at least because our youngest just turned one, and I want her to be old enough to enjoy herself and have some memories.  But the last time I went was 1998 and I am ITCHIN' to go!  Hubby's never been and I can't wait to bring my girls!

by Member on Jul. 16, 2007 at 1:56 PM
Disney changed the way they let tickets expire a few years ago.  You used to be able to use them whenever forever.  They will still honor tickets purchased under those terms, but the tickets they sell now expire 14 days after their first use.  You can still purchase tickets that are good forever but there is an additional fee.  I would assume that applies to the ones sold for military personell as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)