Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DISNEY! DISNEY!

What restaurant should we eat at in Magic Kingdom we leave next wek

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2008 at 10:07 AM
  • 10 Replies

We have a reservation for Tony Town Square but dont want to eat there where else should we try?  Were going to skip the lunch at cincerellas castle this year since she's still small.

thanks

by on Sep. 11, 2008 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Sep. 11, 2008 at 10:19 AM

are you asking for a table service restaurant recommondation? if so stick with where you have ressies for. youll have a hard time finding anywhere else that is open during free dining.

not to mention that there isnt too many restaurants in MK. you could try to get a ressie at crystal palace, or you could go to the contemporary for chef mickeys. but again it may be tough to get a ressie at this point.

nysa00
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2008 at 3:07 PM

Tony's Town Square is really good, but if you want to cancel that & eat counter service, I recommend the Tommorrowland Noodle Station. If you want to see if you can switch to a different table service your best bet is to check that morning at the park to see if anyone cancelled, it happens occasionally but not often. My family loves Liberty Tree Tavern.

Go Bucks!
Nysa

angeldud
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2008 at 3:15 PM

i would say the crystal palace would be a choice... winnie the pooh characters are there... but some people like liberty tree tavern... so... it's really your choice if you are in mk

fayesmommy
by Member on Sep. 11, 2008 at 3:30 PM

I personally like "liberty tree tavern" but call dining & see what you can get b4 you cancel your reservations. It will probably be pretty booked since its free dining time. enjoy your trip :)

MCPALIN.jpg MCCAIN PALIN image by gearybflag-1.gif Flag image by xoxpashyxox2463078_240X180.jpg 911 image by eightball1708 God_Bless_America.gif God Bless Blinkie image by mmmday1st.jpg country first image by ForTheRepublic2008478543vhxazj9iwr.gif I love America image by cathypaxton

1disneyfanmom
by on Sep. 11, 2008 at 4:46 PM

I do not like that restaurant either but if you want a fast lunch but you can sit down there to I recommend Pecos Bill's next to the County Bears and if you get a hamburger (and theres are the best) you can get a double hamburger and get an extra bun for 80 cents and save some money.

matofour
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Well, being it is a week away...

whatever you can get, you might not get anything else. 
We have eaten at tonys, did not hate it, but did not love it, would not go back.

If you can't get into another table service, try cosmos in tomorrowland, that is counter service, but we LOVE it.  My kids LOVE it, we eat there a few times on each trip. Sit on the bottom level by sunny eclipse, then you are close enough to eat, and if the kids want to get up and dance while you eat, that is okay.  We ate there 3 times last trip (we had 7 magic kingdom days), and we loved it!  I think by the end I had sunnys show memorized, but we love that place.

The food is not bad, just your regular fast food type stuff, but honestly I would pick that over tonys.

foxyfax
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2008 at 10:07 AM

your best bet is to call them at info center for mk they tell you everything you want and sometimes you can go to other parks to eat . find out because that  is what we did last year we went to animal kingdom and ate at the hotel  which was beautiful it was safari my kids loved it  and there ages are well now my grandson is3 but he was 2 then and my daughter was 5 and my other daughter was 8. i hoped this helped. 

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2008 at 1:22 PM

I have been to The Pinocchoi Village Haus and  the food  is good you can see the ride It's a small world".

Also if you want to have fun Casey's Corner for great Corn Dogs and it is just fun....

But the best is The Crystal Palace the food is so good and we just do a late lunch like a 3:45pm or so and then you don't need dinner.  

jinia
by Member on Sep. 12, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Another vote for Crystal Palace!!  Great food, great characters, and just gorgeous!

fayesmommy
by Member on Sep. 12, 2008 at 7:52 PM

I also wanted to say that i am not a fan of the crystal palace. not putting anyone eles'e choices down but everytime i have been there the food has been just ok & the cleanliness could have been a little better. We did go one time when it was pretty bad ( by disney standards) but the charachters more than made up for it. Eeyore was dancing with our whole table & we had alot of laughs.

Bottom line , I would try & go somewhere else if i had the choice, jmo though. enjoy your meal wherever you go :)

MCPALIN.jpg MCCAIN PALIN image by gearybflag-1.gif Flag image by xoxpashyxox2463078_240X180.jpg 911 image by eightball1708 God_Bless_America.gif God Bless Blinkie image by mmmday1st.jpg country first image by ForTheRepublic2008478543vhxazj9iwr.gif I love America image by cathypaxton

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)