Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have never been!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
My husband and I 22 and 20 want o take our kids 2&4 , but we are not sure if we should wait untill they are a lil bit older or go ahead go, ,, so my questions are what is the best age to take children and on average a family of 4 , how much do you usually spend for the whole thing?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DMBMom41
by Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:44 PM
I only have one child and part of the draw for us now is that when they are under 3, they get free admission to the parks. That was one reason I was in a rush to go back, once he hits 3, it gets more expensive! So, I'd say go now, you only have to pay for one child!

My whole trip is costing me around $2200 but that's airfare for the three of us, hotel (6 nights), park tickets (7 day park hopper), the dining plan for 6 days, and the trip insurance. Not too bad!

Oh and one other thing, if you apply for the Disney Visa, you get 0% interest for 6 months and a $40 statement credit the first time you use the card. I'm going to do my best to have the whole trip paid off by the time we go! 

Good luck with your decision! 
kkolb1
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:45 PM
for a week including food, plan on spending around $2000.  We just had our first child a few months ago, so we won't be going again until he's 2 & even then my parents are going with so we can switch off on the rides.  You should be fine though the 2 of you w/the kids..just do the child switch so you two can go on everything too!
busybee914
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:46 PM
$2000 is a good estimate. You can make payments until about 45 days before you are due to arrive also. The age of your kids is really up to you. We took my son in October and he had a blast!! He is 3. He rode everything with the exception of the obvious ones. He even rode Splash Mountain

WHen you go, get the Dining plan, it saves you so much money. All you will have to pay for is one meal a day while there if you get it. The dining plan includes one snack, one table service meal, and one counter service meal per person per day.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me

Have a Magical Day!!

Angelica Hawkins

www.myfavoritemouse.com

goofy4disney@hushmail.com

(812)424-7609
kimsthornton
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:22 PM
We took our daughter to Disney for the first time for her 7th bday. We waited til she was tall enough to ride everything. Also we didn't want the hassel of strollers & bringing extra baggage needed for a smaller child, plus she appreciated it more & still remembers the trip.
KKmom170
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 9:54 AM
GO!!!!! The kids will have a blast, we took my son when he was 2 and he loved it. He doesn't remember a whole lot from the trip, but we enjoyed ourselves while we were there. We are going again in December, I know he will recognize things when he sees them.

Arbogast
by Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:54 AM
Hi, Your two year old is free.  We just spent $1233.05 for 2 adults 2 kids ages 4 and 9 staying on property and dining plan included.  Make sure your save money as well.
MomofAnnaHope
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 11:41 AM
I am a travel agent, I just booked a friend and her husband and child for 6 nights, 7 days with hopper tickets and dining at the All Star Sports Hotel for December, it was 1851.00 total after taxes.  You have to pay 200.00 deposit and balance will be due by 45 days before arrival.  If you don't want the dining package, it is alot cheaper.  Let me know if I can help in any way! 
Linda White
Sandcastle Trips
www.sandcastletrips.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)