Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Dining Plan?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:54 AM
  • 2 Replies

My husband wants me to find out how much the dining plan is for our upcoming trip to Disneyworld . I was looking at the one with one table service, one quick service and one snack per person. It would be my, my husband and 4 year old daughter. I have a 2 year old and i don't think she would be charged to eat. We usually order one meal and let the girls share anyway.  So before calling Disney I want to see what it cost.  Anyone done it and can tell me how much they paid? Out trip is in Feb. and i have already made some dining reservations at places we know we want to eat at, like Chef Mickey's and the Princess dining at Epcot. We also are getting the $200.00 gift card and was thinking of using that for food. Oh, we are going to be there from Sunday to Sunday, Feb. 1-8,2009 

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
snowpeasmom
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:19 PM

I asked this a week ago here is the answer I got...

Quoting chelle1141:

Well, hopefully I can help. There are actually 6 dining plan options available...

Quick Service Dining Plan

New for 2009, the Quick Service dining plan appears to be a fantastic option for park guests who don’t want to be tied to eating at a sit down restaurant each day.

The Quick Service Dining Plan includes, per person, per night of your stay:

• Two counter service meals
  • Two snacks
  • One refillable resort mug

The cost of the Quick Service dining plan is $29.99 per night per adult (10 and older), and $8.99 per child (3 - 9).

Magic Your Way Dining Plan

The Disney Dining Plan includes, per person, per night of your stay:

• One table service meal
  • One counter service meal
  • One snack

Please note gratuities are not included on most table service meals. Table service meals can also be used for signature restaurants, dinner shows, private dining or pizza delivery (these typically run 2 table service meals per person). More information can be found in the brochure.

The cost of the Disney dining plan is $39.99 per night per adult (10 and older), and $10.99 per child (3 - 9).

Disney Deluxe Dining Plan

The Disney Deluxe Dining Plan includes, per person, per night of your stay:

• Three meals, which can be used for either counter service or table service meals
  • Two snacks
  • One resort refillable mug

The policy is the same for table service meals on the deluxe dining plan (gratuities not included for most, can be used for signature restaurants, etc.)

The cost of the Disney Deluxe dining plan is $71.99 per night per adult (10 and older), and $20.99 per child (3 - 9).

Magic Your Way Premium Package

It includes:

• Breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus two snacks, per person, per night. Available 100 Walt Disney World restaurants (includes tax but not gratuities, unless otherwise noted). More information is found in the brochure below
  • One resort refillable mug per person
  • Unlimited selected recreation, including Golf, Miniature Golf, Water Sports, Archery, Tennis, Guided Fishing Excursions, Cane Pole Fishing, Horseback Trail Rides, Pony Rides, Carriage Rides, Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides, Bike Rental and Watercraft Rental. Some restrictions may apply and advance reservations may be required, and are suggested. More information is found in the brochure
  • One admission per person to Cirque du Soliel La Nouba
  • Unlimited use of Disney Children’s Activity Centers
  • Unlimited admission to selected theme park tours
  • Preferred fireworks viewing areas for Wishes at the Magic Kingdom and IllumiNations at Epcot. ( Advance reservations are required at least 24 hours in advance and voucher is required.)

The cost of the Premium package is $159 per night per adult (10 and older), and $109 per child (3 - 9). That is in addition to the standard cost of a Magic Your Way package.

Magic Your Way Platinum Package

Similar to the premium package above, the Platinum package is the ultimate in luxury. It includes everything the premium offers, plus:

• One Disney’s Photopass CD
  • Private in-room child care (4 hour minimum, 6 hour maximum, gratuity is not included)
  • One selected spa treatment per person
  • Fireworks cruise (one per reservation, everyone on your reservation is included)
  • Reserved seating at Fantasmic! (one per person)
  • Nightly turn-down service
  • Personalized pre-arrival itinerary planning
  • Exclusive keepsake (one per room)

The cost of the Platinum package is $209 per night per adult (10 and older), and $144 per child (3 - 9). That is in addition to the standard cost of a Magic Your Way package.

Disney Wine and Dine Plan

The Wine and Dine plan is available to add to any of the above dining plan options, with the exception of the Quick Service dining plan. The Wine and Dine option includes one bottle of wine per night of your stay, and can be used at most table service and signature service restaurants in Walt Disney World. The cost is $39.99 per night of your stay (price is per reservation, not per person).

Let me know if you have any questions...I'm happy to help!

Hope it helps I highlighted the one you wanted!!

Megara
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:12 AM

From my article, Disney Dining Plan Explained...

The Disney Dining Plan is basically pre-paid dining at about a 30% discount. There are currently two Dining Plans, with a third added for 2009. They are the (basic) Dining Plan, the Deluxe Dining Plan, and for 2009 the Quick Service Dining Plan. The Dining Plan is ONLY available to guests staying in Disney resorts. It is also tied to the number of NIGHTS in your room, not days. For example, if you are staying Friday-Sunday, that is 3 days and 2 nights, so you would be able to purchase 2 nights' worth of the Dining Plan.

There are basically four categories of dining at Disney--table service, counter service, snack, and signature. A "table service" restaurant is a sit-down place, such as Olive Garden. This also includes buffets. A "counter service" or "quick service" is fast food, such as McDonald's. And a "snack" is, well, a snack. "Signature dining" is a more upscale table service and counts as two table service credits per person.

A table service credit includes 1 entree, 1 dessert, and 1 non-alcoholic beverage (lunch and dinner), or 1 juice, 1 entree, and 1 non-alcoholic beverage (breakfast), or 1 buffet and non-alcoholic beverage. Children must order off of the children's menu, and may get an appetizer. Gratuity is NOT included.

A counter service credit includes 1 entree OR 1 combo meal, 1 dessert, and 1 non-alcoholic beverage. Children must order off of the children's menu, if available.

A snack is usually defined as edible non-alcoholic non-merchandise under $4.

The original, basic Dining Plan includes, per person per night, 1 table service credit, 1 counter service credit, and 1 snack. The 2008 cost for the basic Disney Dining Plan is $37.99 per adult (ages 10 and up) per night, and $9.99 per child (ages 3-9) per night. The 2009 cost is $39.99 per adult per night, and $10.99 per child per night.

The Deluxe Dining Plan includes, per person per night, 3 meals (which can be used for either table service or counter service), 2 snacks, and 1 refillable resort mug (per person). The 2008 cost is $69.99 per adult per night and $19.99 per child per night. The 2009 cost is $71.99 per adult per night, and $20.99 per child per night.

New for 2009, the Quick Service Dining Plan includes, per person per night, 2 counter service meals, 2 snacks, and 1 refillable resort mug (per person). The cost is $29.99 per adult per night, and $8.99 per child per night.

There is also a Wine and Dine package available for $39.99 per night, which allows you to add 1 bottle of wine to your table service meal per night. The price appears to be the same for 2008 and 2009.

Click here to see a list of the 2008 Disney Dining Plan Participating Restaurants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)