Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good place for a birthday dinner?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

We're celebrating my birthday in 3 weeks at Disney World, and I was wondering where would be a good place for dinner. Right now, I have reservations at Tony's Town Square restaurant in MK, because I think we'll be spending most of our time in MK that day. However, I wouldn't mind hopping the monorail over to Epcot, if there's a better place to celebrate.

I know that Rose & Crown Pub has waterfront dining where we could view Illuminations, but a table on the water is not guaranteed...you have to request it at check-in. "Wishes" fireworks is at 8:00 in MK the day of my birthday, and Illuminations is also at 8:00, so I made reservations for 6:40pm.

Also, we're going back in March to celebrate my little girl's 3rd birthday. I currently have a character dining reservation for lunch at Crystal Palace, but I'm not so sure my little girl is that into Winnie the Pooh. I was thinking of maybe changing it to a dinner ressie somewhere else, or just cancelling it altogether and finding a place to eat when we get hungry in the parks.

So what are your recommendations for an adult birthday Disney dining experience and a 3-year-old Disney dining experience? We are annual passholders, so we can go to any of the parks. It's just our birthdays will probably be spent predominately in MK.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cat323
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I really liked the Coral Reef in EPCOT and we also did CRT for dinner....both for our 22nd wedding anniversary last May.....at CRT we were given a tiny cake and 2 glass champagne flutes with CRT etched on them.....take a look at the pics on my profile, they are awesome!

nojomommy07
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:34 AM

If it was just the adults, I would say California Grill in the Contemporary to coincide with the fireworks at MK.  But...it's not so much a kid friendly place.....don't get me wrong.  There are kids there...but it's more adult oriented.

With kids...why not try 1900 Park Fare?  Breakfast is Mary Poppins and some other characters that are escaping me right now.  Dinner was Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the Tremaines.  We celebrated my son's 13th birthday there...it was great!  They put a crown on his head and all the characters signed a placemat for him (which we forgot...grrr).  We ordered a cake from the Grand Floridian bakery, as well...it was so good! 

tinkerbell.jpg picture by pixiedust814_2007

chelle1141
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I've done birthday meals at Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare and a few others.  The most fun was probably at Ohana.  My daughter loved watching me being put on the spot!

Michelle  Travel Agent & Disney Freak

Affiliated with MouseEar Vacations & Cruising Co.

MichelleD@CruisingCo.com

nycte
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Tonys would not be my first pick for a birthday dinner honestly. it is probably too late to get ressies at royal table which is my first pick. i also recomend Coral reef in epcot, narcooses in grand floridian (i know kind of pricey) and the california grill over tonys.

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 10:38 AM

O'Hana is a great place to eat and watch the Wishes fireworks.  They dim the lights in the restaurant and pipe in the music.  It's also very family friendly as they do hula lessons and coconut races for the kids.  It's in the Polynesian so getting there from the MK is a snap.

Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary is also a great character meal and easy to get to and from the MK.  The whole restaurant participates in singing to the birthday guest and the birthday guest gets a cupcake with a candle and a placemat to take home.  We use ours everyday!

If your daughter is into princesses, either Cinderella's Castel or Akershus in Epcot (Norway) is great but maker your reservations now because they book up.  You can do Illuminations after dinner.

There are lots of great places to eat...wherever you choose, as long as they know it's a birthday celebration, it'll be great. 

matofour
by on Jan. 4, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Take the monorail to the poly, and eat at Ohanas, we LOVE LOVE that place.  It is our very favorite place in the world.  It has a super fun activie atmosphere, and the food is to die for.  If you time it right, you can watch the fireworks from the restaurant, and they pipe in the music too.  This would be a super great place to have a birthday, espically a grown up birthday. 

Dawne98
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I would do the Ohana dinner b4 going to Tony's we went to dinner once and the food was not all that! But I have not done Ohana for dinner but I am sure it is good we have done the breakfast and love it! If you do go for Ohana for dinner let me know how you like it. We are going in June for my dad's 60th birthday!

pandabear
by Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Hun Miranda loves doing the Royal Table and they have good food as for you um I wold defionatly change Ohana is good but I know you did that not to long ago for breakfast the dinner is good though and you would have a great view. or I love eating at the seas in Epcot I love sitting at the tank.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)