Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is a good time?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM
  • 21 Replies

When is a good time to plan a trip when it is not so crowded?  We were considering the week after Christmas.  Are there better times? 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaofwildboys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Check out allears.net  under planning.  I believe there is a section that will give you the lowest attendance.  Also on walt disney world site, there is something similar...

MOM22QTS
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Last year i went may 15....i don't really know if its typically a good time but it was for us. the weather was perfect, the lines were short..it jsut really worked out for us..

cat323
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:01 PM

we love going in May October Nov and the first couple weeks of December

May is warm and low attendance the flower and garden show is going on at EPCOT

October used to be very low attended but the past few yrs it has gotten busier but still a great time to attend and they have Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party going on.(Sept/Oct)

November the weekend right after Thanksgiving through the first couple weeks of December is nice, and they have all the holiday decorations up, special events going on and Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party is happening!

I've heard Sept is nice also, we just never went during that month!

USMCWIFEFOREVER
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:29 PM

We just got back a week ago....and i would go back this time of year in a heart beat. there were no lines and no people lol.  didn't have to line up 45 mins b4 the parades to get a great spot.   the weather was nice the 1st few days we had to wear  shorts and t shirts then a cold front came in and we had to wear jeans and long sleeved t shirts. I have also hear sept is a great time bc there are no lines (kids are back to school) and disney offers a free dinning plan at that time

1disneyfanmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:46 PM

We have been in September and it was great I wish we could go there again at that time but you have to go when the kid is out of school.

Megara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:48 PM

The week after Christmas is the busiest time of the year, so ANY other time would be better!  But February and October are the months with the lowest traffic overall.  January and September are also good, and the first two weeks of December aren't too bad, either.

Extended Breastfeeding - Babywearing - Happily Married
Stay-at-Home - Christian - Mama

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Ask a Cast Member's Wife at Disney Planning 101!

LadyJag
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:49 AM

January is probably the least crowded time of year. If you are looking to avoid crowds AVOID the week between Christmas and New Years at all costs!! Not only do the parks reach full capacity at that time, but you'll encounter a lot of nasty meanies as  well. Not to mention you'll be paying the highest prices for your hotel room.

1disneyfanmom
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Quoting Megara:

The week after Christmas is the busiest time of the year, so ANY other time would be better!  But February and October are the months with the lowest traffic overall.  January and September are also good, and the first two weeks of December aren't too bad, either.

I don't know why everyone says February because we have been during Feb and it was crowed we unfortunately went dunning Marti Gar week and it was bad it was worse than the last time we went in the first of Aug. . But now the last of September is really good.

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 3:54 PM

The week after Thanksgiving through the week before Christmas is great.  The parks look beautiful and hardly anyone is there. 

When you say the week after Christmas, if you mean the week between Christmas and New Year's, that is the most crowded time of year.  If you mean after New Year's, you should be fine but they get crowded again around MLK's birthday.

Megara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Well, the entire month of the February and the entire month of October have the last traffic of any month overall.  That's not to say that you won't run into pockets where it is crowded.  I go to Disney year-round, and February is my favorite month to be in the parks because the weather is great and the crowds are low.

Quoting 1disneyfanmom:

Quoting Megara:

I don't know why everyone says February because we have been during Feb and it was crowed we unfortunately went dunning Marti Gar week and it was bad it was worse than the last time we went in the first of Aug. . But now the last of September is really good.

Extended Breastfeeding - Babywearing - Happily Married
Stay-at-Home - Christian - Mama

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Ask a Cast Member's Wife at Disney Planning 101!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)