Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about photopass

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

We are going to disney in March for the first time. I was wondering about the photo pass, I have seen some incredible pictures and would definetely get it but the question i have is do i purchase the photopass before i get there or when i get there? and second wheredo i get the photo pass?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tightwadmomto2
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

You can prepurchase the photopass before you go. It's discounted. http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx or you can purchase it when you create an account.

When you first encounter a photopass photographer (they are dressed in costume as well) and you can usually find them for example when you head down mainstreet they will be standing in the middle of the street.

They will give you a photopass card. Everytime you have a photopass photographer take your picture you give him your card. If for some reason you forget it one day that's fine you can get another one just ask for one.

Once home you plug in your numbers on the back of the card. Some people even take a picture of the back of the  photopass card because if you loose it you loose your pictures. There is no way to trace them.

So when you get home you go to http://www.disneyphotopass.com/ and create an account and then you proceed to enter your card number and upload your photos. If  you prepurchase your photopass you will receive an email instructing you to create an account. You can add borders and such to your photos. It's fun. They only stay in your account for 30 days I believe.

HTH

Photobucket
Tracelene
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:38 PM

What a great idea!  Taking a picture of it.  I always make sure I do not lose the card or misplace it, so this would be a great way to always have the number if it does get lost.

I love Photo pass and make sure to get it everytime since it's free to have it and get all the pic's you want.  You then just order what you like and can preview them at home. :-)

Quoting tightwadmomto2:

Once home you plug in your numbers on the back of the card. Some people even take a picture of the back of the  photopass card because if you loose it you loose your pictures. There is no way to trace them.

~Tracy~

My Disney Forum: www.mymickeytrip.com

My Game/hobby Forum: www.escapecorner.com

YOSSLYN
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:50 PM

HAS ANYONE BOUGHT THE PHOTO BOOK WITH THE CD??? IS THE PHOTO BOOK WORTH IT??  

ksmommyof4
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Quoting YOSSLYN:

I bought a photobook instead of the cd.It was just the 2 of us for our honeymoon.I love love my book.....I think it was worth it.

cklein
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:11 AM

we bought the book too!! we only had like 60 pictures so the cd was not worth the money but we used every picture in our book and you can still use the borders and stuff for it! We LOVE our book and look at it everyday!!

Quoting ksmommyof4:

Quoting YOSSLYN:

I bought a photobook instead of the cd.It was just the 2 of us for our honeymoon.I love love my book.....I think it was worth it.

YOSSLYN
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Quoting ksmommyof4:

Quoting YOSSLYN:

thank you sooo much!!

My7kdz
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I used the link to prepurchase the CD after I got back and it still worked!!  But it is soooo worth it to do the photopass!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)