Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dinner at Downtown

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM
  • 19 Replies

I need a suggestion on where to eat at Downtown Disney.  Want a fun place.  2 adults, 2 14 year old boys, and 1 5 year old boy.  We are going to Rainforest Cafe another day at Animal Kingdom.  So we don't want there or T Rex, because its so similar to Rainforest Cafe which we love.  I was thinking Planet Hollywood, but I have only read bad reviews on it.  Any suggestions?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelle1141
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM

My 12 year old daughter loves Planet Hollywood.  I tried Capn' Jack's last June, and it was great.  For quick service, Wolfgang Puck's gets great reviews.

Michelle  Travel Agent & Disney Freak

Affiliated with MouseEar Vacations & Cruising Co.

MichelleD@CruisingCo.com

mamaofwildboys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Quoting chelle1141:

My 12 year old daughter loves Planet Hollywood.  I tried Capn' Jack's last June, and it was great.  For quick service, Wolfgang Puck's gets great reviews.

THANKS!  As soon as we can I will email you so we can set up our ADR's.

1disneyfanmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Do Planet Hollywood my 9 year old and I like it my Mom really didn't care for it but we like the atmosphere and food it is pricey but if you are getting a magic your way Disney package you should get a $15.00 voucher for your food use it you will be glad you did. Make sure you have time to check out all 3 floors because there is different movie memorabilia on each floor. Have fun.  And we got right in with out a reservation but we went around 3:30 or 4:00.

Tara922c
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Planet Hollywood is fun, but the food is over-priced, and not that great. Actually, I would have to say my food wasn't good at all! I have eaten at House of Blues a few times, and every time the food was really good. I have also eaten at Bongos, and the food was great.

tgb
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Last time we were at Downtown Disney we ate at the Wolfgang Puck Express. It was really good for fast food. Even my picky husband liked it and the 4 yr. old We are planning on eating there again. Also even though it was express they brought our food to our table out on the patio. 

Have a great day!
cat323
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I answered you on your other post too, but we really like Planet Hollywood, have been to 2 different ones now and liked them both. There is also Fultons Crab House which is a huge steamboat made into a restaurant......Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

Mom2Amanda
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Fulton's might be an option for you if you like seafood.  Personally, I don't really like the food at either Rain Forest Cafe's or T-Rex; however the atmosphere was pleasant.  My personal favorite place to eat is Earl of Sandwich.  It is cheap and offers a lot of options for everyone.  Good luck with your choices.

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Earl of Sandwich is great!  I've never had a bad meal there.

1disneyfanmom
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I have to say I have ate at the Rainforest and was very very disappointed I probably will never eat there again. I have been there done that got a T-shirt using it as a dust rag.

bishop96
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:25 PM

What about the new dinosaur restaurant? It is over by McDonalds...I have walked through it...it seems kinda fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)