Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking a 15 month old to Disney world???

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

My DD is 11 months now but we are planing on going to Disney world in June when she will be 15 months old.. We are planing because my 2 step daughter that are 14 and 12 will becoming down to visite us and we wanted to do something fun for them.. But My question is do you think at 15 month my daughter will have fun and what can a 15 month old do there?? I lived in Florida my whole life and never been to Disney myself so this will be mine and my daughters first time lol.. Can you help me on this so I will know ahead of time what I can do for my daughter so she will have fun too..

Calling all you ladies!! Come see A little group that will be perfect for YOU, Its call See How They Grow!! Its Has Photo Editing, Contest, Polls and Games.. Come check us out and maybe even join..

http://www.cafemom.com/group/ohhowtheygrow

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mamaofwildboys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Oh my, I took my son when he was 15 months old too.  He had his first haircut at the barber shop on Main Street.  We had a blast with him.  I took him on so many rides.  We took advantage of the child swap for other rides.  Also, now there are baby stations that will come in handy for your 15 month old.  I say go for it and have a magical time.  Allears.net has a preschool section for tips and ideas for younger kids.   

chelle1141
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Just remember to take it easy, find the baby care stations, and build in time to relax.  Your stepdaughters can ride while you (or hubby) hang with your daughter.  You'll see things through your daughter's eyes, which is truly magical.  Are you planning on staying there, or just day tripping?  Feel free to drop me an email, I'd be happy to help!

Michelle  Travel Agent & Disney Freak

Affiliated with MouseEar Vacations & Cruising Co.

MichelleD@CruisingCo.com

LillysMama0308
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:06 PM

See i didnt knowe there are rides there you can actual take them on.. Wow that is wonderful..

Quoting mamaofwildboys:

Oh my, I took my son when he was 15 months old too.  He had his first haircut at the barber shop on Main Street.  We had a blast with him.  I took him on so many rides.  We took advantage of the child swap for other rides.  Also, now there are baby stations that will come in handy for your 15 month old.  I say go for it and have a magical time.  Allears.net has a preschool section for tips and ideas for younger kids.   

Calling all you ladies!! Come see A little group that will be perfect for YOU, Its call See How They Grow!! Its Has Photo Editing, Contest, Polls and Games.. Come check us out and maybe even join..

mamabear75
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Oh Gosh, yes!  We went when my daughter was 3 and my son was 7 months and he rode all the rides she got to, from Small World to Pirates of the Caribbean...all the easy rides!  It was fun with him too.  He won't remember it I know, but it was still fun!  She is at a good age to enjoy it!

MNMom247365
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM

My dh and I have taken our children several times. My son is 2 now and we took him when he was just over a year old! He HAD A BLAST! The Pooh ride and Small world were his favorites and seeing the characters at his own pace was GREAT! Just make sure to hit all the play ground areas so she can run and climb and play too! My biggest tip is when you rent a stroller ask for an infant stroller, they recline more so that way if your little one wants to crash she can do it comfortable in that stroll where is in the other ones she might have a tendency to tip over while sleeping. I still get the infant stroller for my now 2 year old so he can nap, my 5 year old has even crawled in for a quick nap, lol! HAVE FUN!  

We are leaving for Disney in 11 days! YIPPY I can't wait!

LillysMama0308
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Thank you ladies.. i feel alot better about this now.. Now I really cant wait to go to Disney World lol..

Megara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Everyone has already given great suggestions!  Just remember that you can take your baby on anything that does not have a height requirement.  My daughter is 16 months old and her favorite ride right now is the carousel at Magic Kingdom.  She also loves to pet the goats and sheep at Affection Section in Animal Kingdom.

Extended Breastfeeding - Babywearing - Happily Married
Stay-at-Home - Christian - Mama

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Ask a Cast Member's Wife at Disney Planning 101!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)