Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What To Do?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

This is going to be a long, involved question.  You may want to stop here and get a drink, go potty, etc. before you read the whole thing.  LOL

We had reservations for March 1-8 at POP, with the buy 4, get 3 deal, including the $200 gift card.

My sister, who's army, was supposed to be deployed during that week, so I changed our reservations to April 19-26 (same deal, but no $200 gift card) so we could go up to Wisconsin to see her off. 

Now, her deployment was changed to Feb 20-something (21st or 23rd), so we COULD go March 1-8 after all.

Should I change it back?  I mean, assuming that I can (I'm sure POP won't be booked that week!).

I WANTED that gift card, darn it!  LOL 

We're driving, so it doesn't really matter WHEN we go.  Although we've already waited 6 months, and I don't want to add on another 2 months.

I did all the math, and to go in April costs $1103, March costs $1193.  I'd have to send them another  $90, but we would get back the gift card.

If we stay with April, I'm losing the $22  I paid for a March Photopass share.  That's a far cry from the $150 it costs without a share. 

(A Photopass Share means that a bunch of people going around the same time use the same Photopass account to order.  Found out about that tidbit on a different website!)

Now that I think about it, there really aren't any pros to waiting till April.  Other than having to call YET AGAIN to change our reservations.  I'm sure the cm's love me.

Although, I think there is a $50 fee for changing plans within 45 days of the trip.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Or maybe it wouldn't count because April isn't within 45 days?  I don't know.

Anyway, I've bothered those poor cm's so much already!  Originally, it was supposed to be me, dh, and 3 kids going.  Then I extended our 5 day stay for the 4/3 deal.  Then I changed our dates.  Then dh decided not to go, so I took off him and the youngest kid.

Now I'm going to call and change our dates back?!  I'm sure I'll be told not to bother coming at all!  LOL

What would you do?  Change back to March, or leave it like it is?

Pray for your enemies.  It messes with their heads.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Leeshamak
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM

We are going march 1 thru the 8th~ So, I kinda want you to go then;) But, you have to do what you want:) I don't know about any promos or anything going on in April. Maybe one of the travel gals knows.

So... what is the photopass share? Wanna clue me in?

chelle1141
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 1:57 PM

If the March dates cost less, then you will likely be charged a change fee.  Of course, that would be less than the $200 gift card.  If you booked with an agent they can do it for you.  Feel free to email me if you have any questions, I'm happy to help!

Oh, and the photopass sharing is something that people do to try to cut costs on pics.  They find others who are going around the same time, and then they all enter their photopass numbers into 1 account.  The group purchases 1 copy of the CD and makes copies for the others.  Yes, Disney people are a clever bunch!

Michelle  Travel Agent & Disney Freak

Affiliated with MouseEar Vacations & Cruising Co.

MichelleD@CruisingCo.com

Sammybea
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:35 PM

if it ment i could get to disney sooner I would change it!  =]

christina0607
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I would always go sooner rather then later.

Oh and call those CMs as much as you like..no one is keeping a tally, lol.

YOSSLYN
by Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:55 PM

CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW DOES THE PHOTOPASS SHARE WORKS? AND HOW DO YOU SIGN UP FOR THAT?DO YOU GET YOUR OWN CD?

chelle1141
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM

The Photopass sharing isn't any official, but you can often connect with others going at the same time.  One person collects all the money and orders the CD, which will have everyone's pics.  Then they send copies of the Cd to everyone.

Michelle  Travel Agent & Disney Freak

Affiliated with MouseEar Vacations & Cruising Co.

MichelleD@CruisingCo.com

shoegal
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:13 PM

IMHO I would go back to the March 1-8 date, I think you will see less crowds then. The April dates are not to long after Easter and Spring Breaks so I think it will be a lot more crowded then it would be in March. As for the charging to change it again Why not ask them if they would make an exception because of you sister being deployed, the worst they can say is no. The way it looks to me is maybe it's working out that you were meant to go in March. Good Luck

p2of9
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Thanks everybody!

I AM going to change back to March.  I've done too much reseach on crowds and the perfect day of  the week for each park.  I do not want to re-do it all.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)