• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay Ladies help me help me with DOWNTOWN DISNEY Questions?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM
  • 19 Replies

Okay we have only been once to Downtown Disney. We parked walked past the Cinemas and finally found our way to the LEGO place and I think that was it.

So this time we are pretty much making it a day at Downtown Disney mainly because of DISNEYQUEST with my husband, 10 yr old nephew and 5 yr old son. Me and the 2 little ones will be coming in and out since they might be too young for it all.

We have noon "reservations" at T REX RESTAURANT. But I have my concerns about the infant. We have been to Rainforest Cafe with my daughter at 14 months so no concerns about her or my oldest.  So what's a good backup restaurant if it's too noisy for us??????

Also what are some good places or must see places or things while in Downtown DIsney?  I want to have something to do while the boys play games. Is there anything really for me in Disneyquest( I am not into games so I did this for the boys). Can I leave and come back in the same day at Disneyquest??

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I don't think there are alot of quiet restaurants down there. Maybe Cap't Jacks? Planet Hollywood is crazy loud.

One thing you could do that is fun forthe kids is from the west side(where disney quest is) you can take a boat to the shopping area. There is also a water area that the kids can rn around in. Other than that its basically just walking around and shopping.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Is Earle of Sandwich any good?

Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

bishop96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Earl of Sandwich is yummy! So is Wolfgang Puck Express....they have a seating area inside and out...there is also a carousel and a train ride on the Marketplace side...they are only $2 each I believe...and parents ride for free. The water squirters are my kiddos favorite...they have them over by the big toy store and over near the scrapbook store. Not sure about DisneyQuest...we've never been..although I really want to!

mamaofwildboys
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM

We are gonna try Wolfgang Puck Express on the west side.  I've read lots of good reviews for them.  If our kids get to picky for this, they can eat at the disneyquest.  But I'm definetly eating at wolfgang express....

bishop96
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Quoting mamaofwildboys:

We are gonna try Wolfgang Puck Express on the west side.  I've read lots of good reviews for them.  If our kids get to picky for this, they can eat at the disneyquest.  But I'm definetly eating at wolfgang express....

Express is actually on the Marketplace side...the actual Wolfgang Puck resturant is on the Westside...it's not a counter service place..but Express is. My kids are super picky and they love the chicken fingers from Express :) And my little man loves the homemade mac and cheese.

cat323
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Quoting krazeerosie:

we love love Earl of Sandwhich!!!! Go there at least twice every time we are down there!

Tara922c
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Quoting krazeerosie:

Yes, it is really good, and inexpensive. There is also a McDonald's at Downtown Disney. It is pricier than a normal McDonald's, but if TREX is too loud, and you don't feel like waiting, I think it could be a good choice. I heard Wolf Gang Puck Express is also very good. I love the food at House of Blues Cafe, but their is normally a long wait, and it is a little loud. Last time I was at downtown Disney, my dd was only 7 months. We went on the carousel, and the train. It only cost a couple of dollars, and I was free since I was riding with my dd. We also went around, and took pictures with the different "characters", they were not real characters, they were colorful statues. We sat down by the water in Market Place, and ate ice cream from ghirardelli (spell??). In the World of Disney there is a Pirate side, and a Princess side, and the kids can have a lot of fun in there. The toy store has a Mr. Potato head thing where you get a Mr. Potatoe Head, and all the accessories you can fit in a box for under 20 bucks, there is also a My Little Pony thing just like it, and the same price. I think you will have fun.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Thanks ladies. Do you know if you can leave DisneyQuest and come back in the same day?? I only ask because in Disneyquest I will  be with the little ones and really don't know If I can take that ( games etc) that long so I might want to go out and come back in so I can entertain the 2 yr old. Plus My oldest hates going through the girl section of TOYRUS to the point he will cover his eyes so while he is gaming might be a good time to really look at the PONY's or at least catch that icecream with the little ones.

We have called ahead to TREX so when we get there we will not have to wait in as long of a line kinda like Rainforest does. I just want to have a backup because of taking a 10 month old and not really understanding how loud it will be for him. Everyone will be fine because we know about Rainforest. So between Earl of Sandwich and Mcdonalds we have a backup lunch.

If anyone really knows about DISNEY QUEST PLEASE LET ME KNOW what to expect. At the NC  state fair I'm the one riding the rides with thekids( my favorite part ) while my husband is totally into the games that you seem to waste money on( which is why I am caving in to take them to DISNEYQUEST to make it a great trip for all of us) so our kids get the best from both.

Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

sweetheart4171
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I ate at Capt'n Jacks....not to crazy about it, but it sure was very quiet because not many people were there!

Quoting christina0607:

I don't think there are alot of quiet restaurants down there. Maybe Cap't Jacks? Planet Hollywood is crazy loud.

One thing you could do that is fun forthe kids is from the west side(where disney quest is) you can take a boat to the shopping area. There is also a water area that the kids can rn around in. Other than that its basically just walking around and shopping.

ksmommyof4
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM

We ate at CapNjacks and it was NASTY!!!!

As far as Disneyquest did you get the tickets with your pkg.meaning hopper and more ticket because if so I would wanna say everytime you leave and go back in it will count a day off.If not I am not sure....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)