Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay T REX VERSUS RAINFOREST CAFE???

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: WHICH IS LOUDER???

Options:

T REX

RAINFOREST CAFE

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

I have eaten at Rainforest a couple of times.  MY OLDEST LOVES DINOSAURS but we are taking a 10 month old infant so I need some opinions since I am taking a 10 month old infant. Now some background my infant Thomas is a lot like my other 2 kids. Both of my other kids were 14 months old on their first trips to Disney so of course they both went to Rainforest. My oldest was 14 months old in front of the HUGE gorilla and just looked at him and laughed( I guess he looked like dad). My daughter was 14 months old and we were sitting in front of the elephant family. Never afraid.

SO  WHICH IS LOUDER???? T Rex or Rainforest?

We know our backup plan thanks to you ladies but we are going to at least walk through and try to give it a shot but I just want a heads up first. We are going this coming Tuesday.

Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ksmommyof4
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:25 PM

I havent been to TRex yet but I would say probably the same its kinda the same idea but with different kinds of animals

ycatstouch
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:29 PM

We just came back from Orlando this weekend and I would definately say Rainforest is louder, but TRex is scarier.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM

How so?? I know about the meteor shower. Been watching lots of youtube to see things with the kids and build the excitement but I think to some level they think we aren't going. Only because it's hard for kids my age to really gauge time.

Which area would be better to sit in if we were able to do it?  I don't like my kids being afraid or take amusement in that( so no pictures of them with Santa when they were afraid)

I have no problem taking our seats then walking out if we need to for our youngest because I would do it for any of them.In fact that's the plan right now. Go in and take our seats so if it's too bad we leave but at least our oldest got to see it. We can always come back to it more easily than the Disney parks anyway.

Quoting ycatstouch:

We just came back from Orlando this weekend and I would definately say Rainforest is louder, but TRex is scarier.

Lilypie 5th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

McNicolMom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I took my 5 year old son and 1 year old daughter - they LOVED the TREX restaurant. 

My son's friend, on the other hand, wasn't crazy about it.  You do have to go past a giant roaring TREX to be seated.  At one point I wasn't sure we'd be able to eat in the restuarant because I didn't think the friend would walk past TREX. 

In many of the seating areas there are dinasours at your back...we had to make sure his friend was sitting in the right seat so he could keep an eye on any dinosaur that was around them (he didn't want to be eaten by the dinosaurs). 

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Apr. 9, 2009 at 6:43 PM

How did the one year old react?

Quoting McNicolMom:

I took my 5 year old son and 1 year old daughter - they LOVED the TREX restaurant. 

My son's friend, on the other hand, wasn't crazy about it.  You do have to go past a giant roaring TREX to be seated.  At one point I wasn't sure we'd be able to eat in the restuarant because I didn't think the friend would walk past TREX. 

In many of the seating areas there are dinasours at your back...we had to make sure his friend was sitting in the right seat so he could keep an eye on any dinosaur that was around them (he didn't want to be eaten by the dinosaurs). 

ashboot
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 9:52 PM
We just got back and my 1yr old daughter LOVED TRex Cafe! She was fascinated by the big T Rex you walk by I will have post the picture with her talking to it. But she is used to having dinos all around because my son has about a million and is a little beyond obsessed. I think it is a lot quieter than Rainforest and as a side note we thought the food was better.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM

That's very encouraging.
We are going around noon that day which is not near anyone's nap time so that helps. Any dish you recommend?

I am now scared about my 10 yr old nephew but I will have him suck it up a little( sorry if that offends anyone but you would have to know Andy to understand). I invited him to Monster trucks with us. He was all excited so it on youtube etc. Then when the crack up the trucks he starts crying and wanted us to leave. I did everything to show him what it was like and he was all for it and then we get there with earplugs fine. The crack up and he is crying and my son is screaming and raising his fist and flying the flag happy as crap. I am sure that's why I am a little worried.

Quoting ashboot:

We just got back and my 1yr old daughter LOVED TRex Cafe! She was fascinated by the big T Rex you walk by I will have post the picture with her talking to it. But she is used to having dinos all around because my son has about a million and is a little beyond obsessed. I think it is a lot quieter than Rainforest and as a side note we thought the food was better.

ashboot
by Member on Apr. 10, 2009 at 9:48 AM

We all had something different and we all liked what we had. I had some chicken that was really good. My mom loved her fish tacos. Our family friend had some kind of fish, my brother had a hamburger that was huge. I did have a bite of the hamburger and it was really good. Then my husband had a steak that wasn't on the menu the waitress told him about it and it was yummy.  I have never been a huge fan of the food at Rainforest so I was pleasantly surprised that food was so good at TRex or at least it was good the day we went.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)