Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Packages??

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 5:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

HI

I remember in a post I read a while ago someone said they sent a package of stuff for there hotel room to Disney before they got there.

I wanted to send down some pull-ups and cereal and stuff that we wont be bringing back home with us when we go.

Have anyone ever did this? and if so how did you do it? Do you call Disney and tell them? Do you have to put your reservation number on the box?

thanks!

by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
littlefoots
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I have done this before. It is simple. You would need the physical mailing address of the resort. On the label.. you would address it to your resort.. place your name , reservation number and date of arrival.  You can send it with a delivery confirmation label or other method depending on what service (UPS, USPS, Fedex) you use for  delivery.  You can call the resort and check to see if they have recvd it..and they will have it either behind the front desk area when you check-in.. or it will be held by the concierge.  

We did this and it worked out great. Hope this helps you out. If you need the address ..please let me know which resort..and Ill post it.

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I've been doing this for years and have never had a problem.  I pack snacks and cereal (used to pack diapers and formula).

I just get a box and pack it, put my name on it with the resort address and I write "hold for guest arrival."  I always send it UPS because it's insured for $100 and I can track it.  After I send it, I go on the UPS site and track it until I see it's arrived and I write down the name of who signed for it in case it's misplaced but I've been doing this since 2001 without any problems.

I also throw in a roll of packing tape and return address label in case I want to send stuff home.  If not, I just put the tape in my suitcase.

yngmom3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 11:36 PM

We just mailed our box out yesterday. When I called the resort (port orleans riverside) they only wanted our name and arrival date on the box (with their addy of course). We shipped our box fed-ex and insured it for $500 and it weighed 32lbs (we had all our toiletries, glow necklaces, lanyards and food) and it only cost $26. Now we can track it and they will have to sign for it. I think it a much more convenient thing to do. Its one less bag you have to worry about and as far as food and toiletries go whatever we don't use we can leave there.

travel

K-Bear
by Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 8:58 AM

We went on-line at www.gardengrocer.comand ordered some lite groceries/diapers/wipes, etc.  They have a $12 delivery fee for orders under $200.  Very convenient if you ask me.

JenE4
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I'm going to do this. It seems a bit easier than sending the package. However, garden grocer might not have EVERYTHING you want to send. I think I'm going to Google other grocers in the area and see who has the best selection.

Quoting K-Bear:

We went on-line at www.gardengrocer.comand ordered some lite groceries/diapers/wipes, etc.  They have a $12 delivery fee for orders under $200.  Very convenient if you ask me.

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

mamas2angels
by Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Thanks every one for the input. I think IM going to go with this. this site has every thing I need. thanks so much.

Now a few questions do you tell them what time to come? Do you order the day before? should I have my reservation number on it?

Quoting K-Bear:

JenE4
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 3:00 PM

i believe the site has a FAQ specifically for resort deliveries. I think that's MOSTLY what they do, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Quoting mamas2angels:

Thanks every one for the input. I think IM going to go with this. this site has every thing I need. thanks so much.

Now a few questions do you tell them what time to come? Do you order the day before? should I have my reservation number on it?

Quoting K-Bear:

Jen

babies

Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

K-Bear
by Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I ordered our groceries almost 3 weeks before our trip.  I gave them the hotel name, and picked a two hour window for delivery. I picked between 5pm - 7pm, and they were delivered at 5pm.  Their driver called my cell once to tell me they were on their way, and then again once they dilivered the groceries.  When I hung up with them, I called bell services and they brought them up to the room. 

My only complaint, and it's a small one, is they got few things wrong.  They gave us Fat Free Pringles, instead of Lite, Raspberry jam instead of Strawberry, and pulp free orange juice instead of extra pulp.  Not a huge deal to me, so we didn't even mention it.  All and all, it was still worth the $12 delivery fee, and saved us so much time and aggravation.  I would definitely use them again.

JenE4
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Do you HAVE to be there? I was thinking of them just delivering it either before we arrived or sometime during check-in day--while we're at MK. They won't just bill to your credit card and leave with the front desk w/out calling to confirm with you?

Quoting K-Bear:

I ordered our groceries almost 3 weeks before our trip.  I gave them the hotel name, and picked a two hour window for delivery. I picked between 5pm - 7pm, and they were delivered at 5pm.  Their driver called my cell once to tell me they were on their way, and then again once they dilivered the groceries.  When I hung up with them, I called bell services and they brought them up to the room. 

My only complaint, and it's a small one, is they got few things wrong.  They gave us Fat Free Pringles, instead of Lite, Raspberry jam instead of Strawberry, and pulp free orange juice instead of extra pulp.  Not a huge deal to me, so we didn't even mention it.  All and all, it was still worth the $12 delivery fee, and saved us so much time and aggravation.  I would definitely use them again.

Jen

babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)