Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

disney magical express?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

We are flying down to orlando from pitt. and umm we got that magical express thing.. well see I have never been on a plane .. or even in an airport to know how these things are run.. I mean I have seen movies and stuff.. but you know that is completely different so I want to know if anyone that has used the magical express can explain to me about the luggage thing.. whenever we get down to orlando do we just not worry about or luggage and go to the bus.. or do we get our luggage and put it on the bus and than they put it in our room?? I am very confused so anybody that has used it please let me know, thanks.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I have never done that but, I think they bring to your room. Why not call the resort and ask? We are going next week!! They kids are so excited!!!

by Member on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM

You will receive some luggage tags from Magical Express. You place these on your luggage. When you get to your departing airport you check your luggage. Once you arrive in Orlando you will need to go downstairs (I believe) just follow the signs to the Magical Express desk. You will check in there and then you will be pointed to the proper que for your resort. You get on a bus that takes you to your resort. Usually it takes (I believe) 3 hours for the luggage to be delivered to your room.

Then when you are checking out you can use the resort checkout. The will check your luggage there and then you take the bus back to Orlando Airport. You will pick up your luggage at your home airport int he luggage area.

Keep in mind that the resort checkout closes at 1 pm so if you are leaving after that time you need to check in before 1pm. Also, when departing they will leave a note on your door the day before you leave with a time for departure. You need to be at the busstop 3 hours before your plane departs. If you miss the ME bus you for you time you are not guaranteed a ride to the airport. They will try to accomadate you as much as they can. The ME buses usually pick up and drop off at more than 1 resort at a time.

When we went last year I made sure to pack a bathing suit and a change of clothes because if your room is not ready, you can still use the pool or go straight to the parks. You can leave your carry on luggage at the hotel.

Have a great trip!

by on Jun. 22, 2009 at 10:44 AM

You will be receiving tags for your luggage, they are long yellow strips that have your name and resort on them. Put them on your luggage before you get to your airport, when you get to your airport and ck in your bags, you wont see your bags again until they arrive in your room at your resort so anything you need as soon as you get to Orlando, make sure it is in one of your carry-ons, that is the only luggage you will have with you for quite sometime.

Once you get to Orlando......go to the the tram that takes you to the baggage handling. Once you get off the tram follow the signs to ME....the lowest level of the airport. You will see signs and a line to get processed into ME. You will be directed as to what line to stand in, once you are cked in, to go to your resort. Your luggage will follow you about 3 hrs later.

Ck-in at the resorts is 3PM but hopefully you will be like us and your room will be ready when you get there. We arrived at our resort the last time at 11AM and we could get right into our room! Ck-out is 11AM.

Here was our itinerary for this past May to give you an example:

we left Bflo on Southwest at 7AM

arrived in Orlando at 930AM

got to our resort at 11AM, checked in and were told our room was already.

at 2PM our luggage was in our room.

The night before we cked out, we were given our time to catch the ME bus back to the airport. You can call for bell hop to come and get your luggage if you arent leaving the resort right away and dont want to have to deal with your luggage until it is time for you to leave. Our flight wasnt scheduled to leave until 730PM....I like to be down there as long as possible, so we had to be at the bus stop by 430. Our luggage was there at the stop already. Got on the bus and went to the airport. They will pick you up 3 hrs before your flight.

Here is the site for TSA letting you know what is and isnt allowed in your carryons and how many you can have......

TSA: Prohibited Items

mom to Steve(22) Drew(20) Jordan(17) Kyle(15)

by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 11:24 AM

I've used Magical Express three times and have never had a problem.  As the pps said, you'll recieve large yellow tags for your luggage that will have your name and resort name on them.

You can choose to get your luggage and then get the in ME line or go straight to the ME line and have them take your luggage to your room. The first time we waited for our luggage, the last 2 times, we went straight to the ME line and let them bring our luggage to our room. 

If you are going to get your luggage, go to Baggage Claim (if you're nervous about getting to the right place, follow the other people on your flight) and then after you get your luggage, go to the first floor (where car rentals are) to the ME line.  If you choose to have them bring your luggage to your room, follow the signs for car rentals to the first floor and get in the ME line.

When in doubt, just ask for help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)