Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big Booms & Fireworks

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
Were off to WDW in just a few days with our 4 kiddos. The baby is 2months old. After watching last nights awesome fireworks in town I was reminded how loud they are. Any suggestions for protecting our little ones delicate ears? We want to see the shows, but we want her safe. Thanks!
ABNMommy
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bjmzl
by Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I would like to know too, we are going in August and my 2 almost 3 year old still does not like the load noises.

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jul. 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM

When we got ready to watch the show at Epcot we were in the second row then a nice group of 2 older couples ( 60 to 70s yrs old) allowed us to move our kids upfront. We moved our 10 month old son back and placed our 2yr old up front with 5 yr and 10 yr old nephew behind her. If you stand around the lake you feel the heat  A LOT and the sound.

I wouldn't get too close to the railing, use your fingers or find tiny ear plugs or find ear muffs of some type. I held my son because the bangs go to him a little and by holding him I could comfort him so he wouldn't cry. I have had my kids sleep through it in years past.

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie

may_baby06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I have heard some people say that they bring cotton balls and rip it so that it will fit in the kids ears and it muffles the sound a little.

IGraebner
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 5:25 AM
I'm wishing we had brought cotton balls on July 4th for my five year old. He hasn't lost his hearing but we went to the firework show at Disneyland and it was very loud. It scared him and he cried and screamed a few times. I felt so bad for him.
angeldud
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 8:28 AM

my dd is almost 4 and has been to TONS of fireworks shows... disney and other places...

she is very sensitive to noise and loud sounds but has never been bothered...

my son saw disney firworks for hte first time a 4.5 months and slept through them...  there would be no concern from me....

MY2QTZ0205
by Member on Jul. 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM

My daughter just became afraid of fireworks this year.  We learned this at Busch Gardens, when she cried and asked to watch the fireworks from inside the car.  On the 4th of July, I placed ear plugs in her ears, then held her and covered her ears with my hands.  For Disney, I'm going to borrow fil's noise-cancelling earphones and put those on her.

For a baby as little as yours, could you watch the fireworks from the baby care center?  I don't remember if you can see them from there.

Dawn

Cadyrose
by on Jul. 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I have two autistic kids that what I did was bring my husband and my iPods. I made a playlist for each kid and that way they could listen to the music in the Disney strollers while we got to watch the fireworks. They were 6 and 4 at the time but we did the strollers at night for those long days and to let them rest if they needed to.

For such a little one, you could get the big ole fashion headphones and play lullabies for her.

Kristin, Admin Autism/Asperger's/PDD Awareness

jigsaw ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)