Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're Back--Pictures!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:20 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hi, girls! Okay, so I got back 3 weeks ago, but I've been too busy looking for a job (laid off the day before we left!) and doing some freelance work. I've almost forgotten everything I wanted to write in my review!

But, we had a fantastic time! It rained half the time we were there--but that was almost better than the hot/sunny days. I was amazed how uncrowded it was for July 4th week--we didn't have to wait long for anything. (Fastpasses rock!)

The baby (16 months then) was SO excited! She only napped here and there while we were waiting in lines--and incredibly she wasn't the least bit cranky! She couldn't get enough of all the rides and the characters. She even caught on how to ride the rides that we went on more than once; for example, on Haunted Mansion, knew when to stand up to point down at the ballroom and then quickly sat down and leaned back for us to go backward down the hill. She went on everything she was tall enough to go on and loved all of them. Meeting the characters were like meeting rock stars for her. My daughter, who turned 13 on the trip, was surprisingly REALLY into the whole Disney thing. She wore her Minnie ears and spent all her birthday money on the pin trading. My son wasn't into the characters, but loved all the rides.

My favorite rides/attractions (in order of favorites): Aerosmith Rockin' Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, New Hall of Presidents featuring Obama, Tower of Terror. The only ride we hated was the Stich one. Oh, I should have listened to you girls when you posted about it a few months ago! It was like a horrible practical joke.

Restaurants: loved mostly everything! I was really impressed with how good the food is. The dining plan is really a must--it would have been SO expensive otherwise! Our favorites were Coral Reef, Tokyo Dining, Yak and Yeti, Crystal Palace, Tony's, and for quick service Pecos Bill's. The only food we didn't like was Hollywood and Vine dinner and Studios Catering Company--both in Hollywood Studios.

Here are a few pictures. I have more on my home page:

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Glad to see you had a great time. I will be looking over on your homepage to see the pics. Love pictures from DIsney.  My son went at 4 and 5 and still not into the characters and my guess never will. My thought is OKAY it saves our park time. I LOVE LOVE going with my kids when they were 14 months old so much fun. Thomas wasn't walking ( just now walking at almost 14 months) at 10 months when we went with him but he had a blast it was just a lot on us to hold him in the lines( that was the only down side the trip).

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie

may_baby06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM

awesome pics and glad you had a good time. I love reading trip reports! It helps pass the time til our trip.

My7kdz
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Great Pics!! Glad you had a great time!!!

JenE4
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Sofia really wasn't even walking much at 16 months! But the trip really got her on her feet and she came home an expert walker. Of course, we didn't need the baby harness to keep her close by, as I had imagined she'd be running all over the place by that time when I boiught it months in advance, lol.

Quoting krazeerosie:

Glad to see you had a great time. I will be looking over on your homepage to see the pics. Love pictures from DIsney.  My son went at 4 and 5 and still not into the characters and my guess never will. My thought is OKAY it saves our park time. I LOVE LOVE going with my kids when they were 14 months old so much fun. Thomas wasn't walking ( just now walking at almost 14 months) at 10 months when we went with him but he had a blast it was just a lot on us to hold him in the lines( that was the only down side the trip).

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

krazeerosie
by Jamie on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:27 AM

OH I believe that one. My daughter learned to walk at Disney at 14 months. We have pictures of her first walking at Donald Duck's boat in ToonTown.  I threatened to take our Thomas if he didn't start walking( he turns 14 months Aug 6th).

Quoting JenE4:

Sofia really wasn't even walking much at 16 months! But the trip really got her on her feet and she came home an expert walker. Of course, we didn't need the baby harness to keep her close by, as I had imagined she'd be running all over the place by that time when I boiught it months in advance, lol.

Quoting krazeerosie:

tinkpeter
by Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM

I am taking my 23 month old daughter. Can you offer advice about taking a young one?

VinniesMama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:48 AM

that nigh castle pic is beautiful. Gald you guys had a good time. I love pics and trip reports

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Oh it makes me want to go so bad.  We went this year in March and are going back next year either march,april, or may, we have not picked a time yet.  I love disney and can't wait to share more of it with my kids.

cat323
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Awww Jen Im so very glad you had such a wonderful time and I LOVE the pics!!!!  Hope you find employment SOON...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

JenE4
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Thanks, Cat!

Quoting cat323:

Awww Jen Im so very glad you had such a wonderful time and I LOVE the pics!!!!  Hope you find employment SOON...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Jen
Mom to Emma, 13; Wyatt, 9; and baby Sofia...babies

Group Owner
Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)