Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tipping Questions...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

What do u typically tip for TS meals? All our TS meals are ADRs on our DDP. Also, do u usually tip mousekeeping? I never have & never thought about it, until I read about it on the DISboards. How much do u usually leave & where do u leave it for them? One more question, I plan on leaving our luggage at the desk when I pre-check in the morning we arrive so they'll be in our room when we get back from the park that night. Do u tip them too? Will they wait for us to get to our room before they bring up our stuff or will it already be there when we get there? Im hoping for it to be there when we get there. Thanks!

busy momCrystal  margarita time
*Single, working, loving mom to Madison - 3 1/2 & Danny - 19mons

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
snowpeasmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I usually leave $1 dollar per person in my room per a day because there are different keepers everyday, Then on the last day because its extra work I add an extra dollar. So usually $4 a day and then $5 on the last day.

For sit down I tip 20% before taxes amount. sometimes I forget and do the 20% of the total bill. But I am a big tipper there. (most pple do 15-18%) to do 18% most people people double the taxes.

baby growth

galaxy questcosleeping mommyProud Work At Home Mom Blinkiehomebirth blinkie

cat323
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 7:47 AM

I tip:

$1 per bag for whomever is handling them (handlers at the airport, bell boys, drivers)

dble the tax usually for meals

$5 per day, per room, to Mousekeeping.....I make special envelopes for each day, decorated and left by the TV

CAT..mom to..Steve (22) Drew (20) Jordan (18) Kyle (15)

crazybones27
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 8:25 AM

For sitdown resturants I usually tip between 15%-20% of the bill. Usually I tip 20%, but it all depends on the level of service also.  As for baggage I usually tip about a $1 a bag.  And mousekeeping I'd say about $2 a day if you decide to tip them.  Again this all depends on how well they clean your room I guess.   

christina0607
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM

For restaurants I tip at least 20% of the bill. I always do the entire bill. If the service is great I round up.

Mousekeeping I always do $5 a day and the $10 at the end of the week.

Your luggage will most likely already be there when you come back to your room. If they bring it to you, then I would give the guy $5 for bringing it up.

gennas-mama
by Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Everywhere I have read, it has said $1 a day/per person for Mousekeeping.  I never leave a bigger tip at the end of the week because you probably wont have the same mousekeepers.  The first few days we were really exciting cause there was always something cute done to our room.  It kind of died out towards the end of the week. 

ABNMommy
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Depending on the size of your dinner party the gratuity may automatically be included. We found this out the hard way. Only 5 of us were eating, but our infant counted as person 6 so the gratuity was automatically included in the meal. One waitress ended up getting a $52 dollar tip. Between the 18% that was included and then the 20% we added on. Service was good, but not that good. She should have said something to us, but she didn't. When we went to guest services at the resort to ask if we'd automatically have it included we were told yes. Then we showed them the receipt from dinner, and for the first time ever we took back a tip. For the rest of our meals we would usually bump it up a little to make it a total of a 20% tip. And every other waiter/waitress who saw us add something else on pointed out to us that their gratuity was already included. They definitely deserved the extra we added on. For rooms - we always did $1 a day per person. They appreciated it and we were always left with a little thank you. Either extra toiletries or cute little touches. We've found that a little appreciation goes a long way.
ABNMommy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)