Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to AK in dec. Have ?s. Please help! =o)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:04 AM
  • 6 Replies

So my husband, 7yr old son, 2 yr old son and myself are going to Animal Kingdom on Dec. 1st. It is the only Disney Park that we haven't been to yet. I have heard a lot of people say it isn't that interesting as the other parks which is ok. We just wanted to go to a half dayish park since I will have someone watching my will be 2 month old and also we are bringing our 2 yr old along. Do any of you have any advice on special things to do there, tips, tricks, must sees, etc? Before we go in the morning we will be dinning at Chef Mickey's since that is my oldest son's favorite place to eat. Other than that it is straight to Animal Kingdom. Thank you so much in advance!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krazeerosie
by Jamie on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Let's face it some people can't be happy no matter what. Everyone is different. Also remember some go so much that somethings get old.

You have to do the Safari. Depends on time  of day and weather how many animals you see etc. Take the time to take the train over to the "Scientist area". Don't remember the name of it but it has a petting area over there , meet and greet with character and honestly my oldest( 4 yrs of age at the time) loved it. Seeing how the scientist work.

It's tough to be a bug inside of the Tree of LIFE is great especially if it's your first time. I honestly feel sorry for anyone that misses it.

The 2 best shows are here in Animal Kingdom: LION KING and NEMO.  TOP THINGS TO SEE at DISNEY in my opinion. SO WORTH IT.

They have a parade so it will be decorated for Christmas when you are there.

My oldest loves dinosaurs so DINOLAND was a must stop with a Dino dig and play area, THE BIG DINOSAUR RIDE with min ht of 40 " and a few other rides there. Plus a great little walk to take pictures with Dinosaurs and find hidden mickeys over there.

There's the bird in flight show and of course MT EVEREST?

Other than eating at Rainforest cafe and the McDonald's near Dinoland we haven't eaten any other place.

Our family likes the park. The only reason why we didn't do all 4 parks this year is because of the type of free tickets I had was for 3 days only, I had an infant(10 months old at the time) and I found a great place 1 hour west of Orlando called DINOSAUR WORLD for my son. We spent close to 4 hours there and they said it would take just 90minutes. They don' t know my son,lol.

Lilypie

Lilypie

Lilypie
yngmom3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:34 AM

You must must must do its tought to be a bug, we kinda stumbled upon it on accident and when we return that will be one of the 1st things we do. Great show but dont sit to close to the front :)

The sarfari is also really really good. worth the wait you may wanna snag a fatspass for this one.

They have a lot of characters all over in AK we saw soooo many the day we were there. Also you have to see the parade. It was my favorite parade out of all the parks. I hear dinoland is great but we didnt have time to see it.

Heres a pic of us waiting to see its tough to be a bug :)

macmom3
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I don't understand why some people think AK isn't that great. My girls LOVE it there. They loves to go to zoos also. Some must dos are tough to be a bug, safari ride, ;p0ragin rapid ride, dinosaur ride (but can be scary for little ones) Mt Everest and walking around to see the animals all day. When we were there last year we saw so many character that you nomally don't see that much.

jinia
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I like AK fine but I think it doesn't handle crowds well at all!!  Make sure you study a map because it's easy to waste time here and miss attractions.  Be there when it opens!

• FP Everest
  • Ride Dinosaur
  • Ride Kali River Rapids
  • FP Safari
  • Ride Everest
  • Watch Shows/ Parades
  • Ride Safari

When the parade happens 3:45 you have to make sure your where you want to be so you don't get cut off!  Have fun and be patient.monkey

MomofAnnaHope
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM

We like AK a lot!  We go at least twice per visit.  We have to see the Lion King Show every time we go.  We love it so much!  And even though my daughter is handicapped they let her participate, which really means a lot to me!  We go on the safari and if it is hot, we go on Kali River Rapids, you get soaked, so if it is cold out I would not suggest it!  They have lots more, but these are our favorites!  We don't usually stay the whole day there, just go do what we like and hop somewhere else. 

nycte
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I love Animal Kingdom. I love the lodge even more. :) There is a lot to do and see but some of the rides may not be friendly for your 2 year old. That being said they may also not be friendly to the older people too lol. I am not a fan of everest. To each their own right? Anyways it is an enjoyable park none the less. Make sure you see the Nemo Musical and The Lion King Musical. Dont forget the animals or else it is just a plain theme park. December is a great time to go. The cool weather keeps the funny smells down to a min.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)